I wasn’t planning to post this recipe today, but I was so excited about it I couldn’t wait.
This morning I was in the mood for a snack, but I couldn’t decide what to have. Peanut butter sounded good, but we had none. I looked in the freezer and saw some shelled pistachios sitting in a bag and decided to try and make pistachio butter. To make the pistachio butter I put 1 1/2 cups of the shelled pistachios in my high speed blender. I then added a tablespoon of honey and some cinnamon. I turned on the blender and blended the nuts until they turned into a creamy peanut butter consistency, about 7-10 minutes. The pistachio butter tasted wonderful!
It had a sweet warm nutty flavor. I started dreaming up all the ways I could use this butter. I could use it in cookies, muffins, smoothies, spread on toast, or this delicious way that I am going to share with you.
I decided for my snack this morning that I would mix a little bit of the pistachio butter in with my plain non fat Greek yogurt. I also added about 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey and a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the yogurt to reinforce the honey and cinnamon flavors that I had used in the butter. I whisked this all together until it was smooth. The next thing I knew I had the perfect and healthy pistachio butter yogurt dip.
I cut up an apple and dipped away! It was so delicious. The crisp tart apple was a wonderful combination to have with this nutty sweet yogurt dip. Don’t limit yourself to just using an apple to dunk into this glorious pistachio butter yogurt dip. Pretzels, graham crackers, bananas, pears, or grapes would also be delicious. The next time you need a snack or something to bring to a brunch try making this amazing pistachio butter yogurt dip!
- 1 1/2 cups shelled roasted or raw pistachios (if using unsalted add 1/4 t. salt)
- 1 T. honey
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 T. pistachio butter
- 1 1/2 t. honey
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- Apple, pear, pretzels, graham crackers, etc. for dipping
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- This will take approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender a couple times in the process.
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, pistachio butter, honey and cinnamon until smooth.
- Serve the dip with apples, pears, pretzels, graham crackers, or whatever you prefer.
- If you are not using the dip immediately, cover and refrigerate.