Raspberry Almond Chia Overnight Oats are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack. Make them tonight and have breakfast waiting for you in the morning!
I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day! My mom is still in town for a couple days, so I’m continuing the celebration with her. We still have lots of coffee shop dates to squeeze in before she has to leave, it’s kind of our thing when she comes up to visit. Since we’ll be busy the next couple days, I’ve got a couple jars of these Raspberry Almond Chia Overnight Oats all ready to go in the fridge for a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
Until the warmer months roll around, I tend to forget about overnight oats. Then I finally make myself some and wonder why I don’t always have some on hand in the fridge. They are so easy to make and I absolutely love them.
I tend to favor cold overnight oats over a hot bowl of oatmeal in the summer. Other than my hot cup of morning coffee, I’m all about the cold/room temperature meals. This is especially true after my long, sweaty, hot run every Saturday morning.
After guzzling down a bunch of ice water all I can think about is what I’m going to have for breakfast and how fast I can get it from the fridge to my mouth. These Raspberry Almond Chia Overnight Oats are perfect to have on hand because all I have to do is grab a spoon and dig in.
The oats and raspberries are a great way to replenish the lost carbs and the Greek yogurt, almond butter and chia seeds add a nice bit of protein to the oats.
The flavor combinations you can make for overnight oats are endless, but I’m particularly fond of these Raspberry Almond Chia Overnight Oats. Raspberries and almond flavor go together so well and when they’re combined with creamy overnight oats you feel like you’re having dessert for breakfast, which I would never say no to.
This recipe makes one large or two modest sized servings. You could also double the recipe so you have breakfast ready to go for most of the week. I’m all about easy in the mornings and these overnight oats are definitely easy!
Raspberry Almond Chia Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup raspberries, mashed with a fork
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the yogurt, milk, maple syrup, almond butter and almond extract until combined.
- Add in the oats, chia seeds and pinch of salt and stir until combined.
- Take two jars and spoon 1/4 of the mixture into each one.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mashed raspberries into each jar, then repeat the process ending with the mashed raspberries on top.
- Cover the jars with lids and refrigerate at least 3-4 hours, but best overnight.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 284kcal Calories from fat 75|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
More Oatmeal Recipes