Apple, Blue Cheese, Pecan Bites are sweet, savory, crunchy and the easy appetizer you need to serve at your next party!
As the year comes to an end, there’s still days where I’m in disbelief that this blog is my full time job. It doesn’t seem possible that the little space I created back in 2012 to occasionally post a recipe while working a desk job that was less than thrilling, has grown into something that I can live off of. There’s some days where it can be completely stressful and overwhelming, just like any job, but there’s never a day I regret making the decision to pursue this as my career.
None of it would be possible without all of you and I’m so grateful that you choose to stop by, read (or scroll) through my ramblings and grab a new recipe to try. I remember when I first started this blog how thrilled I was if even one person tried a recipe I created (my mom doesn’t count). I still get an overwhelming feeling of happiness and pride when someones leaves a nice comment or send a photo of one of my recipes they made. It truly makes my day!
Ok, enough with the sentimental feelings, let’s talk about these Apple, Blue Cheese, Pecan Bites. They’re sweet, savory, crunchy and just the right size. My husband and I usually keep things pretty low key for New Year’s Eve. One thing we’ve done for the past 5 years is make a bunch of appetizers and grab some mini desserts from Whole Foods. It’s sort of our last hurrah before getting back to healthier habits in January.
Since we make at least 3-4 appetizers, I like to keep them simple and making these Apple, Blue Cheese, Pecan Bites couldn’t be easier. An apple is diced and quickly sautéed in a dab of butter, salt, pepper and fresh thyme leaves. The filling is then dived into the store bought mini phyllo shells and topped with a couple blue cheese crumbles.
The bites bake for 10 minutes and are finished off with toasted chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey. They’re the perfect one-bite appetizer to make for your next party! Enjoy and I’ll see you in the new year!
More Easy Appetizers
- 12 mini phyllo shells
- 1 apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375° F. and place the phyllo shells onto a baking sheet.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add in the diced apple and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes or until the apple is tender, but not mushy.
- Divide the apple filling evenly into the phyllo shells and top each one with a few crumbles of the blue cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the pecans. Drizzle with honey and serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g