These individual Honey Bourbon Apple Crisps in Jars are perfect for parties and the holidays! Sweet cinnamon bourbon apple filling topped with a gluten free topping and a dollop of bourbon honey whipped cream!
Don’t worry, I’m not confused, I know it’s Thursday. You weren’t expecting to hear from me again so soon were you? Well Thursdays aren’t normally when I share a recipe with you, but today is a special occasion! It’s my 2 year blogiversary! To celebrate we are having these Honey Bourbon Apple Crisps in Jars!
I honestly can’t believe I have had this food obsessed, runner crazed blog for two years. What started as a way for me to occasionally share recipes and ramble about my running with family and friends has turned into something I am so passionate about and proud of. I have learned so much about food, photography, and blogging since I first hit publish and shared this recipe for Apple Cranberry Muffins with the world (holy smokes those photos, good thing there has been improvement).
I never thought I could still be as passionate about blogging and creating new recipes today as I was that day I first hit publish. I find myself more determined now than ever to continue to grow my blog and share my love of all kinds of food as well as tidbits about my running and racing. I am so thankful for all of the advice, support, and friendship that I have gained from other bloggers over the past couple years. I have learned so much from the food blogging community and will forever be grateful to them. Most importantly I want to thank my readers. Without you there wouldn’t be much purpose to Recipe Runner. Knowing that I am sharing delicious meals and desserts with you that you can then share with your friends and family keeps me going and lights a fire in me to keep creating new and delicious dishes!
Speaking of delicious dishes, let’s talk about these cute as can be Honey Bourbon Apple Crisps in Jars! What is it about desserts in jars that is just so darn cute?! I think everyone loves to have their own little portable dessert that is just theirs, no sharing necessary. I have to say that when it comes to dessert, the rules of being polite and offering to share kind of go out the window. I work hard/run hard to consume delicious treats and unless you are going to get up at 6:00 AM and come run 10 miles with me then we aren’t sharing, sorry.
Anyways, the apple crisp. This isn’t my usual recipe that I use to make apple crisp, but this is a special day so I wanted to make them extra special, hence the bourbon! Bourbon, honey, and apples baked together with cinnamon are what dreams are made of. There is something about the tartness of the apples, sweetness of the honey and cinnamon, and smokiness of the bourbon that combine so well together. To make this baked apple concoction even better, top it with oats, almond flour, brown sugar, more cinnamon, and even more bourbon! The crispy, crunchy, chewy topping compliments the soft sweet apples perfectly. Now, lets go over the top, literally, and top these Honey Bourbon Apple Crisps with Honey Bourbon Whipped cream. Seriously you guys, there can never be too much honey and bourbon in a dessert.
Join me today in celebrating Recipe Runner being in existence for two years and let’s indulge in these delicious Honey Bourbon Apple Crisps in Jars with Honey Bourbon Whipped Cream! I promise I won’t ask you to share!
More Desserts in Jars
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Peel and slice the apples and add them to a large bowl with the rest of the apple filling ingredients. Stir the apples until they are completely coated in the mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the oats, almond meal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg for the topping. Melt the butter in a small microwavable dish then whisk in the bourbon. Add the butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir together until everything is combined.
- Fill 4 (8 ounce) jars half way with the apple mixture. Add a tablespoon of the oat mixture to the top of the apples. Add the remainder of the apple evenly into each jar and top the apple crisps with the rest of the oat topping.
- Place the jars on a sheet pan and place them on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are bubbly. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
- While the apple crisps are cooling, add all of the whipped cream ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat the whipped cream on high until stiff peaks form. Top the apple crisps with a large spoonful of the whipped cream before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 6gSugar: 33gProtein: 6g