Shrimp Scampi Tomato Basil Bruschetta is a great way to turn classic bruschetta into something even more delicious! Super easy to make and perfect for an appetizer or even a main dish.
Thanks to Gorton’s Seafood for sponsoring this post. As always all opinions are my own.
Happy Monday, happy early 4th of July and most of all, happy short work week! I’ve got a lot of happiness for a Monday, but that’s because tomorrow is basically Friday since the 4th of July falls on a Wednesday this week.
Normally I’d think that was a bummer and up until this past weekend I was still thinking that. However, I’ve decided to do minimal work the rest of the week and have myself a little vacation. One of the many perks of being self employed.
Since Tuesday night will feel like the start to the weekend, I decided to do dinner like we usually do if we’re eating at home, appetizers! I don’t cook much on the weekends since I’m cooking all week, but my one exception is easy appetizers. This Shrimp Scampi Tomato Basil Bruschetta definitely fits into the category of easy summer appetizers.
While I wasn’t able to use any tomatoes from my garden (they won’t be ready for about another month) I did find some beautiful and delicious heirloom cherry tomatoes at the store. I actually prefer using the cherry tomatoes over roma tomatoes because their sweeter and I only have to halve or quarter them.
To complete the bruschetta I added plenty of fresh basil, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. To give this classic bruschetta a twist and some protein, I topped each one with a piece of Gorton’s Seafood Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi.
Gorton’s Seafood has been around for more than 160 years so you know it’s a name you can trust. They believe in providing customers with high quality seafood and have introduced new processing methods and sustainability practices.
Gorton’s Seafood makes it easy to create your own seafood dinners and appetizers at home any night of the week. Like the name suggests, all you have to do with the Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi is bake it. The shrimp and garlic butter sauce are all in the oven safe package. Just put it on a sheet pan, bake it and add a piece or two to the top of the tomato basil bruschetta!
This easy to make Shrimp Scampi Tomato Basil Bruschetta is perfect to enjoy on a summer night out on the patio and if you’re like me, this appetizer will quickly become the main dish. It’s hard to stop after only eating one. Enjoy!
Shrimp Scampi Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- 1/2 of a baguette, sliced approximately 1 inch thick
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 box Gorton’s Seafood Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to broil. Place the slices of baguette onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then bake until they're golden brown and toasted. Remove from the oven and while they're still hot rub the tops with the garlic clove halves. Set aside.
2. Set oven to bake at 350° F. Place the Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi package onto a baking sheet and bake according to package instructions.
3. While the shrimp bakes, combine the tomatoes and basil in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Once the shrimp has baked, top each slice of baguette with some of the tomato basil mixture and top with a piece of the shrimp scampi. Serve immediately.