Coffee lovers, these Vanilla Almond Latte Energy Bites are for you! Perfect sized gluten and grain free energy bites loaded with finely ground coffee beans, almonds and plenty of vanilla. Great for snacking or fueling your workout!
Thanks to my friends at Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post. As always all opinions are my own.
Is anyone else in need of some extra time at the gym or adding a couple more miles to their run after all of the chocolate yesterday? Guilty over here. Instead of fueling the added miles with yet another piece of chocolate (yes, I’ve done that), I decided that grabbing one of these Vanilla Almond Latte Energy Bites out of the freezer was a better choice.
I’m getting quite the collection of energy bites on the blog and more than likely there will be quite a few more. I love popping a couple of these carb/protein balanced balls before I head out on my run. It wasn’t until making these Vanilla Almond Latte Energy Bites that I realized how genius it was go add finely ground coffee beans to them.
Normally before I go on a long run or do a hard workout I’ll take an energy gel. If I could drink a cup of coffee I’d do that instead, but I’m prone to side aches so that doesn’t work. If you’ve had energy gels before you’re well aware that they’re pretty gross. I suck it down as fast as possible then immediately chase it with water. It’s a necessary evil when I need a quick energy boost. Aside from the not so great taste, they’re also not the cheapest things to buy considering what you’re getting.
Homemade energy bites are turning into my solution to replace taking energy gels. These Vanilla Almond Latte ones are even better because they have caffeine in them thanks to the coffee. Along with the coffee I added a scoop of Vital Protein’s new Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Peptides. I always add a scoop of the unflavored peptides to my coffee in the morning to help keep my bones and joints strong, so I was super excited to try out the vanilla flavor.
The Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Peptides are great because they have that wonderful vanilla bean flavor (you can actually see the vanilla bean flecks) without any sugar or sweetness. Since the energy bites already get their sweetness from dates, it was the perfect way to add in an extra dose of vanilla flavor.
If you’re tired of gagging down the energy gels and looking for a better tasting way to get some quick energy give these Vanilla Almond Latte Energy Bites a try.
- 1/4 raw almonds
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 6 pitted Deglet Noor dates or 3-4 Medjool dates , if the dates are dry soak in warm water for 15 minutes.
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 scoop Vital Protein's Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Peptides
- 1-2 tablespoons finely ground coffee, use less if you don't want as strong of a coffee flavor
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup for added sweetness (optional)
- 1-3 teaspoons of water as needed
- In the bowl of a food processor add the raw almonds and pulse until finely ground, but not flour consistency. Add in the dates and process until a dough starts to form. Add in the remaining ingredients except for the maple syrup and water and process until combined.
- If using the maple syrup add it in along with the water 1 teaspoon at a time until the mixture comes together and can be formed into balls.
- Use a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop or scoop out this amount with a measuring spoon, and roll into balls. Store the energy bites in a single layer or separated with parchment paper, in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g