This Green Curry Chickpea and Vegetable Pasta is a healthy, quick and easy dinner that will be on the table in 15 minutes! A gluten-free, vegan, pasta dish loaded with veggies and plant based protein. You won’t miss the meat at all!
Thanks to Explore Cuisine for Sponsoring this post. As always all opinions are my own.
How is it possible that Christmas is only a couple weeks away? Both my husband and I have been busy with work, a couple family functions thrown into the mix and now it’s getting to be crunch time for getting all of my Christmas shopping done. Luckily, I took advantage of Cyber Monday this year and knocked out a few of them, but there’s still a couple people I’m clueless on what to get.
With all the running around and working a later into the day than I normally do, it’s left me short on time for making dinner. There’s some nights where it get’s to be 5:00 pm and I still have no idea what to make. The thought of texting my husband and telling him to just pick up something for dinner on the way home has crossed my mind more than once.
I’ve stayed strong though and only done that once. I prefer to save my money and calorie splurging for the weekends when we can go out for a nice dinner instead of wasting it on a less than satisfying takeout meal during the week. Lately, my solution has been quick dinners that take almost no time to make and are full of nutritious ingredients (we’ve gotta balance out the Christmas cookies). This Green Curry Chickpea and Vegetable Pasta has by far been one of my favorites and it only takes 15 minutes to make!
I’m always looking for more ways to incorporate vegetarian meals into our diet and specifically ones with enough protein in them to keep us full for more than an hour. I’m sure you’re all familiar with the bean pastas that are on the market and if you haven’t given one a try I urge you to start with Explore Cuisine’s Organic Green Lentil Penne, which is what I used in this recipe.
Being a lentil lover I was immediately drawn to the green lentil penne. The pasta is a combination of green lentil, green pea and brown rice flour and the texture is identical to traditional pasta. Alone, the flavor isn’t exactly the same. It does taste slightly nutty like lentils, as it should, but once you add the green curry sauce and vegetables to the mix you won’t notice any difference.
All of Explore Cuisine’s pastas are gluten-free, organic, non-GMO, vegan and loaded with plant-based protein and fiber. The thing I love most about Explore Cuisine’s pasta versus traditional pasta is that the carbs you’re eating are ones that are nutrient dense and will stick with you. Pasta made from white flour and white rice has been stripped of it’s nutrients and basically what I like to call a “filler food”.
Making this Green Curry Chickpea and Vegetable Pasta couldn’t be easier. While the pasta cooks sauté onion, carrots and sugar snap peas. Once they’re tender, simply stir in green curry paste and canned coconut milk until the sauce is smooth and combined. Add the cooked pasta and canned chickpeas to the mixture and warm it through for another minute. If you’re like me and love toppings, I recommend adding on cashews, cilantro, pomegranate seeds and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. 15 minutes friends and so much better than that overpriced, unsatisfying, takeout meal!
- 8 ounces (one box) Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Penne
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (whisk before adding to incorporate the coconut cream and water together)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cashews, cilantro, lime wedges and pomegranate seeds for toppings (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and carrots, season with salt and pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add in the sugar snap peas and sauté another minute.
- Stir in the green curry paste and coconut milk until smooth and combined. Bring the sauce to a simmer then add in the chickpeas and cooked pasta. Stir together until everything is coated in the sauce and warmed through. Taste for seasoning. Serve the pasta topped with cashews, cilantro, pomegranate seeds and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 670mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 17gSugar: 21gProtein: 23g