Light and healthy comfort food is exactly what this Pan Seared Halibut with Rosemary Tomatoes and White Beans is! Flakey halibut paired with the sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh rosemary and creamy white beans is a delicious combination of savory flavors.
Thanks to Fulton Fish Market for sponsoring this post. As always all opinions are my own.
When it comes to living in Colorado I don’t have many complaints. I don’t regret moving from Arizona up here and I definitely don’t miss those hot Arizona summers. There are a couple things that bother me, like when we get a big snow and I have to run inside on the treadmill. Doing an 18 mile run on a treadmill is brutal to say the least, thank God for the TV down in the basement! Binge watching cooking shows or movies helps a little, but it’s still not on my list of things I enjoy. Another thing I wish we had available to us is fresh seafood. My husband and I LOVE eating fish, but obviously living in a landlocked state the ability to have it fresh is pretty slim.
Often when I buy fish at the grocery store I wonder about it’s freshness, especially when it’s sitting in the store’s refrigerator or seafood case. I also don’t like that they’ll charge more for it even though I’m sure it was previously frozen anyways. Last week I had the opportunity to learn about and eat some of the fresh fish that was delivered to my door from Fulton Fish Market.
If you aren’t familiar with Fulton Fish Market, they are a 194 year old fish market located in Bronx, NY. They bring in between 1-2 million pounds of seafood 5 nights a week. Recently FultonFishMarket.com added the new feature of having fresh seafood shipped to your door which is perfect for those of us who don’t live near the ocean. There’s no middleman in the delivery of the fish and everything is hand-packed by their skilled fishmongers. When the halibut and red snapper that I ordered arrived it was perfectly chilled and packaged in a way that didn’t leave me feeling nervous about eating it. All of Fulton Fish Market’s fish are sustainable and they specialize in fish from US waters.
I was so excited to try the fresh halibut since it’s one of my favorite kinds of fish. If you’ve never had halibut it’s a mild fish that’s light and flakey. It doesn’t need much seasoning, in fact all I used for this Pan Seared Halibut with Rosemary Tomatoes and White Beans was kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. The recipe only requires using one skillet, it can be on the table in 20 minutes and it’s one of those healthy meals you just feel good about eating! If you’re in the mood for light and healthy comfort food then you have to try this Pan Seared Halibut with Rosemary Tomatoes and White Beans!
- 4 (4 ounce) Fulton Fresh Market Halibut Fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 15 ounces canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to large non-stick skillet and heat it over medium high heat.
- Pat the halibut fillets dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- When the skillet is hot swirl the oil around the bottom of the pan then add in the halibut fillets.
- Cook the halibut for 3-4 minutes per side or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the halibut from the skillet and onto a plate covering it with foil to keep it warm.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add another teaspoon of oil to the skillet if needed.
- Add in the tomatoes, garlic, white beans, salt and pepper and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth and rosemary, stir together and cook another 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes have released some of their juices and the skins start to wrinkle.
- Add the halibut back in with the tomato mixture and season with more salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 398mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 37g
Fulton Fish Market is offering you guys a chance to taste the difference in their seafood by offering a great giveaway!
Prize 1 – $250 GC to FuiltonFishMarket.com
Prize 2 – $50 GC’s to FultonFishMarket.com
FultonFishMarket.com now offers you a share from their ocean bounty via their CSF (same idea as a CSA)! $18 a week gets you a 2 portion share. If you would like 2 shares, you would pay $36 a week and receive 4 8 oz portions. Each CSF cycle is a 13 week commitment. For full details about this program or to start one in your area click here.