These Roasted Beets with Burrata, Pistachios and Orange Vinaigrette are an easy and wonderfully flavored appetizer or side dish. The perfect blend of sweet, savory and salty flavors!
Today’s recipe is pretty much all of my favorite things in a side dish/appetizer all melded together to give you the perfect bite. These Roasted Beets with Burrata, Pistachios and Orange Vinaigrette have it all. Sweet, salty and savory flavors along with lots of texture because I have to have texture in my food.
I’m sure you guys have figured out by now that I love beets. I first discovered I was obsessed when I made this Roasted Beet and Spinach Salad, if you haven’t made it yet get on it. I now eat beets nearly every day and have no intention of stopping. I have discovered that I can’t eat raw beets.
I started noticing every time I prepped my beets to be roasted and would sneak a bite of a raw one, my throat would almost immediately start to burn and feel like I had a sore throat. This last time (when I made this recipe) I finally decided to Google it and see if anyone else had the same problem. Turns out I’m not alone and it sounded like it might be some kind of allergic reaction. Of course this makes no sense to me since I have no issues with roasted or cooked beets. Have any of you had this experience?
The other main ingredient in this “appetizer” is the burrata. If you’ve never had burrata I can’t even begin to explain how magical it is and what you’ve been missing out on. It’s essentially a fresh ball of mozzarella with a creamy center. I’m not kidding when I say I can eat a whole ball of it myself.
The roasted beets are sliced thin and layered on the bottom of a serving plate. The burrata goes on top and then the whole thing is drizzled with the orange vinaigrette and sprinkled with pistachios and a little fresh ground black pepper. The savory roasted beets topped with the creamy burrata cheese, citrusy vinaigrette and crunchy pistachios are absolutely wonderful! They may even turn those beet haters into lovers!
More Beet Recipes
- 3 large beets, roasted and sliced approximately 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounce ball burrata cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About 20 minutes before serving, remove the burrata cheese from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, oil, shallot and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the roasted sliced beets on a serving platter, overlapping them a little. Sprinkle the beets with a little bit of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place the ball of burrata on top of the beets then spoon the vinaigrette over the burrata and the beets. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g