You’ll love how easy and tasty these flourless Almond Butter, Banana, Oatmeal Blender Muffins are! It’s as easy as blend, bake and store in the freezer for a healthy grab-and-go breakfast or snack!
I can’t believe we’re only a few days away from August, where did the summer go?! The schools around here will be starting up again in another week or so and while the kids are less than thrilled, I’m sure some parents are jumping for joy. I always remember having that dreaded feeling the last week of summer, knowing that the days are numbered before having to set your alarm and start getting up early. Of course now I have no problem getting up early and more of a problem sleeping in past 5:00!
School day mornings can often be chaotic. Kids oversleeping, parents trying to get ready for work, lunches that need to be made, homework that has to be finished…it makes me tired just thinking about it. While I don’t have kids, I have experienced first hand the craziness and how often times the most important meal of the day, breakfast, is skipped.
One way to ensure that kids or adults for that matter get out the door with a healthy breakfast or mid-morning snack is to have something that is portable and freezer-friendly, like these Almond Butter, Banana, Oatmeal Blender Muffins. I’m sure you’ve seen some blender muffin recipes floating around Pinterest, well this is my version! I’m a little late to the blender muffin party, but after receiving an amazing new, powerhorse Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender I knew it was the perfect recipe to make with it.
I’ve had many blenders over the years, both standard and high speed, but the Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender may take the cake. First and foremost it does a great job blending. When I made these muffins, it only took a couple seconds on a medium speed and the batter was the perfect consistency. The control panel is easy to use and I love that there is a pulse option unlike the other blenders I’ve used. It also has pre-programmed settings for one touch smoothies and soups and even an ice crushing setting for those frozen cocktails! The final thing that really impressed me with the Wolf blender was that it wasn’t nearly as loud as the other high speed blenders I’ve used. It drives my husband crazy when I turn on the blender and he’s watching TV, but with this one he didn’t seem to notice.
Because I’m so smitten with this blender and because the awesome people at Wolf Gourmet are so generous, we’re giving you guys a chance to win one of your very own High Performance Blenders! So not only can you make these Almond Butter, Banana, Oatmeal Blender Muffins, but anything else your heart desires! Enter below for your chance to win, good luck and enjoy the muffins!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. and line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with parchment paper muffin cups.
- Place all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips in the blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop equal amounts of the batter into each muffin cup, I was able to fill 10.
- Top with a few more chocolate chips if desired, then place the muffins in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before eating.
- Muffins may be wrapped individually in plastic wrap and stored in a freezer bag in the freezer for eating at a later date.
These muffins will not be as light and fluffy in texture as some muffins since the batter is blended. They will be more dense, but very delicious!
To make these muffins dairy-free use dairy-free chocolate chips or omit them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 104mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 4g
Thanks to the kind folks at Wolf Gourmet for sponsoring this post and giveaway. As always all opinions are my own. If you would like to purchase your own Wolf Gourmet High Speed Blender and create your own awesome recipes, visit your nearest Williams-Sonoma.