This 5-ingredient Asparagus, Bacon and Herbed Goat Cheese Frittata is full of flavor and makes a hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Apparently I spoke too soon about grilling season finally being here. This weekend is supposed to be in the 40’s, rainy and I even saw the stupid snowflake making it’s appearance on my Weather Channel app. Thanks mother nature, looks like I’ll be stuck inside cleaning instead of going for a hike. Every time I see that damn snowflake on the weather app. this late in the season I cringe. It’s that time of year where one day you’re wearing shorts and the next day you’re back in your winter coat. I just keep telling myself only a few more weeks and we should be in the clear.
Since I won’t be grilling or sitting outside on the deck enjoying the warm sun this weekend I’m at least going to make this Asparagus, Bacon and Herbed Goat Cheese Frittata.
This frittata uses all of my favorite ingredients. Asparagus, duh. It’s seriously getting out of control the amount of asparagus I’ve been eating this spring. I’m pretty sure I’ve already bought and consumed close to 15 pounds of it. Are there asparagus addiction groups, because I think I might need to join one. Instead of just cutting the asparagus into small pieces I decided to use my vegetable peeler and make ribbons with it. It’s a nice change from the usual way of eating it, plus you don’t have to worry about it being undercooked and too crunchy for the frittata.
The other two ingredients in this spring frittata that I love using are bacon and herbed goat cheese. If you can’t find herbed goat cheese regular is fine, I just enjoy that creamy, herb flavor in every bite. Sorry there really is no substitute for bacon, nor should there be. The recipe calls for two slices of bacon, but you’ll probably need to cook four because if you’re like me half of it ends up in your mouth. This frittata is not only great for breakfast, but make a great easy to make dinner. If you happen to have leftovers they taste just as good the next day!
Asparagus, Bacon and Herbed Goat Cheese Frittata
- 4 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup asparagus ribbons, I used a vegetable peeler to make mine
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 ounce herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat an oven safe non-stick 9.5 inch skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Quickly sauté the asparagus ribbons for about a minute.
- Pour in the egg mixture over the asparagus.
- Let the eggs cook for a couple minutes until they start to set.
- Sprinkle the bacon and goat cheese crumbles evenly over the top of the frittata then place the skillet in the oven.
- Broil the frittata until the top is set and golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the frittata stand for a couple minutes.
- Serve the frittata in the skillet or use a rubber spatula to loosen and remove it from the skillet onto a serving plate.
More Frittata Recipes
Zucchini, Kale and Sage Frittata
Tomato Basil Frittata with Herbed Goat Cheese
Cynthia |What A Girl Eats says
This is my kind of breakfast! I definitely like lots of veggies with my eggs!
Taylor Kiser says
I could eat this anytime on any day! lol Looks super delicious!
This looks amazing! The bacon is a such a good idea. This would be great for breakfast or dinner:)
Thanks Maria! I always think bacon is a good idea. ;-)