This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it’s advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DoMoreWithProtein #CollectiveBias
Delicious whole wheat pancakes with added protein thanks to EAS 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder. Top them with a fresh blueberry sauce for a protein packed power breakfast!
Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. My morning routine always starts with running. Unless I’m sick or injured I don’t go a day without a run. Before I head out for my run I always need a bite of something to eat to give me some energy. For the past few years my go to pre-run snack is a pancake.
Pancakes are great before exercising because they are loaded with carbs and easy to digest. Every Sunday I make a batch to keep in the freezer and then just pull one out and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to defrost. It’s easy, quick, and just what I need. Recently I started adding EAS 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder to my pancakes for added protein.
I love how the protein powder makes my pancakes more hardy and the extra protein keeps me full longer. If you are worried about the protein powder giving the pancakes a weird taste or texture, don’t! The protein powder is completely undetectable in the pancakes. I purchased my EAS 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder at Target, which is convenient for me because I’m there at least once a week….seriously who isn’t! Lucky for you the entire line of EAS products is on sale this week at Target and until May 23rd through the cartwheel offer, you can get 5% off any EAS item.
In case running isn’t your thing or you don’t like to eat prior to exercising, these Blueberry Vanilla Protein Pancakes make an excellent weekend breakfast. The protein powder is an easy and great way to add more protein into your diet. Just by adding 2 scoops of the EAS 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder to the pancake mix, you’ve added 26 grams of protein. Not only is this protein going to keep you full longer, but if you do exercise, it’s going to help repair your muscles quicker.
I love the flavor combination of blueberries and vanilla, it adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the pancakes. The fresh blueberries are both in the pancakes and in the glorious blueberry sauce on top. The fresh blueberry sauce is a great alternative to syrup and eliminates the need for adding butter as well. If you exercise avidly like me or if you are looking for more ways to incorporate protein into your diet, then I highly recommend adding the Blueberry Vanilla Protein Pancakes to your morning routine!
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 scoops EAS 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed until smooth with 1 teaspoon of cold water
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the milk, Greek yogurt, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together until smooth.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the pancake batter with a rubber spatula.
- Using a 3 tablespoon ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup measurer, add the batter to a hot prepared non stick griddle or skillet.
- Cook the pancakes on the first side until small bubbles form on top, then flip over and cook on the other side for a another couple minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add the blueberries and agave nectar.
- Cook the blueberries until they start to pop and release their juices, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch/water mixture to the blueberries and stir together until incorporated.
- Continue to cook the blueberry sauce for 2-3 more minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Top the pancakes with the warm blueberry sauce.