This Chicken Alfredo Pizza has all the flavor of the classic pasta dish! The quick and easy homemade alfredo sauce gives this pizza tons of flavor. You won’t be able to stop after one slice!
Starting the week with carrot cake sandwich cookies was a good idea and ending the week with this Chicken Alfredo Pizza, well that’s just an awesome idea!
Next Thursday my husband and I are going up to Vail for our wedding anniversary. I’m excited to go since we haven’t been on a vacation lately. It’s been all savings after all the bills from last year’s basement remodel, unexpected hospital stay and multiple MRIs at the beginning of the year.
With all of that finally out of the way, I’m hoping we’ll be able to put more money away and do more traveling in the coming year. Until then we are taking the much needed mini trip to Vail!
On top of the trip to Vail, it is also my husband’s birthday on Tuesday. Since I wasn’t able to do anything special for him last year, I’m hoping to make up for it this year. A birthday dinner and dessert of his picking are in order. So far he’s requested steak and mac and cheese, a typical request from him.
I’m a little nervous about cooking a perfect steak for him since I rarely cook steak. However, this steak with garlic butter should be a winner. If it were up to me I would make this amazing Chicken Alfredo Pizza again. If you love Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo then you’ll go crazy for this pizza!
Now comes the creamy Alfredo sauce. I used the same sauce recipe for the pizza that I use in my Skinny Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo minus the parmesan cheese. Once the sauce was made I generously spread it all over the pizza dough then topped it with a combination of part skim mozzarella and fontina cheese.
I then placed slices of grilled chicken on top. Any cooked chicken breast will do. You could even use leftover rotisserie chicken if you have that. The pizza bakes for 10-15 minutes or until it’s golden brown, bubbly, and smelling like garlic and cheese! To finish off the pizza, sprinkle with flat leaf parsley.
The pizza tastes just like chicken alfredo only you can eat it with your hands! Since it is pizza Friday I think it’s only appropriate that you make this mouthwatering pizza, I promise you won’t regret it!
More Pizza Recipes
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup skim or low-fat milk, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450° F. and spray a baking sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray. Roll or stretch the pizza dough out into a 13 to 14-inch round, creating a thicker outer crust.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, heat the oil. When the oil is hot add in the shallot and cook for 1 minute. Add in the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for another 30 seconds. Add in the flour and whisk everything together cooking for another 30 seconds. Slowly pour in the milk whisking the sauce as you pour. Continue to whisk the sauce for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the pizza dough. Top the pizza with the mozzarella and fontina cheese and the sliced chicken. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with the chopped parsley, serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2223.19Total Fat: 79.37gCarbohydrates: 264.33gProtein: 100.4g