Chicken Alfredo Pizza is topped with a quick homemade alfredo sauce, spinach, chicken and mozzarella cheese. Total comfort food and a must make for pizza night!
This recipe and photos have been updated since they were originally published on 10/17/2014
There’s no other way to describe today’s recipe other than to say it’s pure comfort food. I took a classic pasta sauce, Alfredo sauce, and used it as the sauce for this Chicken Alfredo Pizza!
The sauce is rich and creamy with a little bit of tang thanks to the cream cheese. On top of the sauce there’s sautéed spinach, slices of chicken breast and mozzarella cheese.
Because this is such a decadent pizza I recommend serving it with a salad on the side to cut the richness. Either this lemon parmesan shaved brussels sprouts salad or this lemony white bean arugula and prosciutto salad would go great with the pizza.
Ingredients For Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- pizza dough
- baby spinach
- low fat cream cheese
- garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
- cooked chicken breast
- mozzarella cheese
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Start by sautéing the spinach in a saucepan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Once the spinach is wilted, remove it from the pan and into a bowl so it can cool.
Once the spinach is cool, use your hands to squeeze out all the excess liquid. This will keep the pizza from getting watery. Wipe out the saucepan so you can make the Alfredo sauce in it.
Add the cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and milk to the saucepan and whisk everything together over medium heat until the cream cheese melts and there are no lumps. Add the parmesan cheese to the sauce and continue to whisk until it melts and is smooth. Remove the sauce from the heat and prepare the rest of the pizza.
Stretch or roll the pizza dough out onto a baking sheet or pizza stone. Make sure if you are using a baking sheet to add some olive oil to it so the bottom of the pizza doesn’t stick. I like to keep the center of the pizza pretty thin and build up the edges so there’s a nice puffy crust.
Spread the Alfredo sauce onto the pizza dough and arrange the spinach, half of the mozzarella cheese and all of sliced chicken evenly on top of it. Top with the remaining mozzarella. I like to do half the cheese on top and half underneath so that the toppings don’t get dried out from the heat of the oven.
Bake the pizza at 475° F. For 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Let the pizza cool for several minutes before cutting it. If you plan to serve it for dinner cut it into 8 slices. If you’re serving it as an appetizer I would cut it into 12-16 pieces, squares work well.
Chicken Alfredo Pizza Variations
- Make it vegetarian. Omit the sliced chicken and just use the spinach for a tasty vegetarian version of this pizza.
- Use fontina cheese in place of the mozzarella. If you’ve never used fontina it’s a little softer and creamier compared to mozzarella and melts like a dream.
- Replace the spinach with roasted red peppers and/or sun dried tomatoes.
- Add some chopped bacon or pancetta to the pizza for an extra crispy, salty bite.
- Top the pizza with an arugula salad like I did with this white pizza with bacon and arugula.
More Pizza Recipes
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Butternut Squash Sausage and Ricotta Pizza
Brussels Sprouts and Ricotta Pizza
Pear Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Pizza
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
If you love chicken fettuccine alfredo then you will love this sliceable, hand held, pizza version!
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475° F. and rub a baking sheet or pizza stone with olive oil. Roll or stretch the pizza dough into desired size leaving the edges a little thicker for the crust.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat a teaspoon or so of olive oil. Add the spinach to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook the spinach until it's wilted and then dump it into a bowl to cool. When the spinach is cool enough to handle, squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Wipe out the saucepan and then add in the cream cheese, garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes and milk. Whisk over medium heat until the cream cheese melts and the sauce is smooth. Add in the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Whisk again until smooth and slightly thickened and then remove from the heat.
- Spoon the sauce over the top of the pizza dough leaving a small border around the crust. Top the pizza with the spinach, half the mozzarella and the chicken. Top with the remaining mozzarella and then bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with chopped parsley if desired. Let the pizza cool for several minutes before cutting into slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a registered dietician for the most accurate nutritional information.
Do I have to use skim milk?
Nope, use whatever milk you would like, just remember that the calories and fat will not be as low if that is important to you.
Ok so! I had posted on the skinny Alfredo recipe earlier asking for some advise on the sauce for the pizza and I must say….AMAZING! Wow! Besides the fact that it was gorgeous it definitely was equally as delicious! Thank you so much! I did mozz, fontina, a 6 Italian blend and then a very light amount of a Rosemary Asiago and it was perfect! I did add spinach and then a light layer of cheese over the top! 1/2 over sauce & 1/2 Over everything! I also drizzled extra Alfredo over the top (just a tad) and then as soon as it comes out of the oven I always brush the crust with garlic oil! Delectable!
It sounds incredible Emma and I’m so happy you enjoyed the pizza! Thanks for trying the recipe!
This is one of my favorite pizzas and I rarely have it! I need to try this, it looks delicious!
It’s one of my favorites too Marye!
Just made and gobbled this pizza, and it was the best homemade pizza E-V-E-R. I did add sauteed mushrooms to it, because food without mushrooms isn’t proper. Everybody loved it, thanks for a great recipe.
Thank you so much for trying out the pizza Samreen, I love hearing when readers enjoy a recipe! The added mushrooms could only make it better! :-)
I am making it right now. I did use store bought Alfredo because I need to use up what I had. I also put sauteed spinach,garlic and mushrooms and raw shallots on top of course the grilled chicken I had left over from fathers day. One thing I did by mistake was for got the cheese and ended up covering up most of toppings hopeful it is as good. I will let you know. Thanks for sharing.
I’m sure it turned out wonderful Janette! Thanks so much for trying it!
I am thinking of substituting shrimp for the chicken, do you think it will work???
Hi Michael! Shrimp sounds like a great alternative to chicken, great idea!
Logan Hards says
Very nice pizza! I fixed it for my family and they loved it! Only I substituted Parmesan for that fontina cheese. best alfredo pizza I’ve had, for sure.
Thanks for trying out the pizza Logan! I’m so happy to hear your family enjoyed it! Parmesan sounds like a great alternative to fontina!
I may have to hide in your suitcase as you guys frolic up to Vail. I’m SOOOO jealous, but this pizza! This is a BRILLIANT idea! Love it!
Thanks Justine! You and I need to take a mountain trip together and go on running adventures and eat pizza when we are done!
Matt Robinson says
One of the best pizza ideas I’ve seen, love this Danae!
Thanks Matt! Have a great weekend!