Chicken Enchilada Pizza is the perfect combination of pizza and cheesy chicken enchiladas! Topped with enchilada sauce, shredded chicken, corn, green onions, olives and plenty of cheese. It’s a great way to switch up pizza night!
This post and photos have been updated since they were originally published on 8/1/2014
Cinco de Mayo is coming up and I’ve got a fun recipe to make that the whole family will love, chicken enchilada pizza! It’s essentially chicken enchilada filling and toppings on top of pizza crust and it’s delicious!
Traditional chicken enchiladas are one of my favorite meals, however they can be tedious to make. Since tedious recipes aren’t something I normally have time for during the week, I’ve come up with quite a few shortcut chicken enchilada recipes.
Skillet enchilada chicken with black beans and corn is all made in one pan and super easy to make. Craving pasta? Try this creamy chicken enchilada pasta. If you’re having a Cinco de Mayo party this year, this skinny green chile chicken enchilada dip and these mini chicken enchilada cups are always a hit!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Enchilada Pizza
- Pizza dough
- Red enchilada sauce
- Cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken
- Chili powder and ground cumin
- Green onions
- Frozen corn, frozen fire roasted corn add great flavor
- Black olives
- Mozzarella and Colby Jack cheese
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Pizza
Start by letting your dough rest on the counter for a couple hours. In a bowl combine the shredded chicken, spices and half the enchilada sauce and stir together until the chicken is coated.
Roll out the pizza dough on a greased sheet pan or a pizza stone. Top the dough with the remaining enchilada sauce and half the cheese. Distribute the enchilada chicken evenly over the pizza along with the rest of the toppings.
Top the pizza with the remaining cheese and bake for 11-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and puffy and the cheese is melted. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Alternative Pizza Toppings
- Black beans
- Bell peppers
- Diced tomatoes
- Green enchilada sauce
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Pepper Jack cheese, cotija or queso fresco
Tips for the Best Pizza Crust
There’s nothing worse than pizza crust that is flat and limp. I want a crust that has air bubbles, is puffy, crisp and golden brown. Below are my tips on how to achieve that.
- Don’t use cold pizza dough straight from the refrigerator. Let the dough come to room temperature and rest for an hour, sometimes I’ll even set it out 2-3 hours before using it. This allows the gluten to relax so that the dough doesn’t snap back when you roll or stretch it out.
- Build up the edges a bit when you stretch or roll out the dough. This helps ensure a puffier crust.
- Brush the edges with olive oil. Doing this will give you a nice golden brown color and crisp up the crust.
- Bake at a high temperature. 475° F. is the minimum temperature I would recommend and 500° F. is even better. Also, make sure the oven is thoroughly pre-heated. Once the oven beeps letting me know it’s pre-heated, I let it continue to heat for at least another 5 minutes.
- Don’t pull the pizza out too early. This will result in the edges being baked but pale in color, and the middle still be doughy.
More Pizza Recipes
- Chicken Peach Ricotta Pizza with Arugula and Balsamic Glaze
- Brussels Sprouts and Ricotta Pizza
- Grilled Caprese Pizza
- Butternut Squash Sausage and Ricotta Pizza
- Sheet Pan Tomato Herb Pizza
- Cheesesteak Pizza
Chicken Enchilada Pizza
Cheesy chicken enchiladas turned into a delicious Mexican inspired pizza!
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted if using frozen
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 475° - 500° F.
- In a bowl toss the chicken, 1/3 cup enchilada sauce, chili powder, and cumin together until the chicken is completely coated in the mixture.
- Roll or stretch the pizza dough out onto a greased baking sheet or pizza stone. Spread 1/3 of a cup of enchilada sauce all over the top of the pizza dough. Top with half of the cheese.
- Spread the chicken out evenly over the cheese along with the remaining toppings minus the cilantro.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with the cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
I miss the original recipe. Is there a way I can get a copy of that one?
are those canned black beans?
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
definitely craving a slice right now! curious to know what a chicken enchilada pizza tastes like… looks delicious.
Thanks Thalia, you sound like me, I’m always craving a slice! You’ll have to try the enchilada style, so good!
Annie @Maebells says
Oh yum! I actually think I like “different” pizzas better than traditional pizzas. I can’t wait to try this, you used all my favorites!
Thanks Annie! Different pizzas are the best!
Consuelo | Honey & Figs says
Enchiladas and pizza together in one dish???? What a brilliant idea Danae!! This SO needs to be my dinner soon ;=)
Thanks Consuelo! I totally think this needs to be your dinner!
This is one of the best pizza ideas, ever! I love enchiladas. :)
Thanks Marcie! :-)
Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled says
YUMMY! I have to make this pizza soon, my husband would love it! Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks Jenn! I hope you guys love it as much as we do!
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
Homemade pizza rocks, and you totally perfected it. I hope when I make this it turns out as lovely!!
Aww thanks Aimee! I’m sure when you make it it will be wonderful!
Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) says
Genius idea! Pinned!
Yep, my pizza definitely needs an upgrade. Preferably in this delicious direction. This pizza looks AMAZING, Danae! Enchiladas are one of my fav things ever so this is right up my alley! Pinned.
Bri | Bites of Bri says
Danae, I am pinning this and cannot wait to make it. Chicken enchiladas meet pizza in what will likely be my new favorite pizza. I hope you have a great weekend! Thank goodness it’s Friday! :)
Thanks Bri, you’re so sweet! It’s definitely my favorite right now. Hallelujah it’s Friday!! Have a great weekend lady!
Matt Robinson says
You know this is my kind of pizza, Danae, love it!!
Thanks Matt! I thought you might like this one!