Chicken Enchilada Pizza is the perfect combination of pizza and cheesy chicken enchiladas! Topped with enchilada sauce, shredded chicken, corn, green onions, olives and plenty of cheese. It’s a great way to switch up pizza night!
This post and photos have been updated since they were originally published on 8/1/2014
Cinco de Mayo is coming up and I’ve got a fun recipe to make that the whole family will love, chicken enchilada pizza! It’s essentially chicken enchilada filling and toppings on top of pizza crust and it’s delicious!
Traditional chicken enchiladas are one of my favorite meals, however they can be tedious to make. Since tedious recipes aren’t something I normally have time for during the week, I’ve come up with quite a few shortcut chicken enchilada recipes.
Skillet enchilada chicken with black beans and corn is all made in one pan and super easy to make. Craving pasta? Try this creamy chicken enchilada pasta. If you’re having a Cinco de Mayo party this year, this skinny green chile chicken enchilada dip and these mini chicken enchilada cups are always a hit!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Enchilada Pizza
- Pizza dough
- Red enchilada sauce
- Cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken
- Chili powder and ground cumin
- Green onions
- Frozen corn, frozen fire roasted corn add great flavor
- Black olives
- Mozzarella and Colby Jack cheese
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Pizza
Start by letting your dough rest on the counter for a couple hours. In a bowl combine the shredded chicken, spices and half the enchilada sauce and stir together until the chicken is coated.
Roll out the pizza dough on a greased sheet pan or a pizza stone. Top the dough with the remaining enchilada sauce and half the cheese. Distribute the enchilada chicken evenly over the pizza along with the rest of the toppings.
Top the pizza with the remaining cheese and bake for 11-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and puffy and the cheese is melted. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Alternative Pizza Toppings
- Black beans
- Bell peppers
- Diced tomatoes
- Green enchilada sauce
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Pepper Jack cheese, cotija or queso fresco
Tips for the Best Pizza Crust
There’s nothing worse than pizza crust that is flat and limp. I want a crust that has air bubbles, is puffy, crisp and golden brown. Below are my tips on how to achieve that.
- Don’t use cold pizza dough straight from the refrigerator. Let the dough come to room temperature and rest for an hour, sometimes I’ll even set it out 2-3 hours before using it. This allows the gluten to relax so that the dough doesn’t snap back when you roll or stretch it out.
- Build up the edges a bit when you stretch or roll out the dough. This helps ensure a puffier crust.
- Brush the edges with olive oil. Doing this will give you a nice golden brown color and crisp up the crust.
- Bake at a high temperature. 475° F. is the minimum temperature I would recommend and 500° F. is even better. Also, make sure the oven is thoroughly pre-heated. Once the oven beeps letting me know it’s pre-heated, I let it continue to heat for at least another 5 minutes.
- Don’t pull the pizza out too early. This will result in the edges being baked but pale in color, and the middle still be doughy.
More Pizza Recipes
- Chicken Peach Ricotta Pizza with Arugula and Balsamic Glaze
- Brussels Sprouts and Ricotta Pizza
- Grilled Caprese Pizza
- Butternut Squash Sausage and Ricotta Pizza
- Sheet Pan Tomato Herb Pizza
- Cheesesteak Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted if using frozen
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 475° - 500° F.
- In a bowl toss the chicken, 1/3 cup enchilada sauce, chili powder, and cumin together until the chicken is completely coated in the mixture.
- Roll or stretch the pizza dough out onto a greased baking sheet or pizza stone. Spread 1/3 of a cup of enchilada sauce all over the top of the pizza dough. Top with half of the cheese.
- Spread the chicken out evenly over the cheese along with the remaining toppings minus the cilantro.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with the cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g