Chocolate Drizzled Strawberries and Almond Cream Pie is so good you’ll want to lick the plate clean! It’s easy to make and perfect for a special spring or summer dessert.
It’s a celebration week for me and the best way I know how to celebrate is with my favorite pie! My birthday is on Sunday which also happens to be Mother’s Day and I plan on making this Chocolate Drizzled Strawberries and Almond Cream Pie. Hands down this is my favorite pie to make this time of year!
We’re headed up to Vail this Friday to celebrate my birthday. Going somewhere for my birthday becoming an annual thing. I’d much rather go somewhere for the weekend than get presents. We’ll be staying at the Four Seasons while we’re there. I absolutely love that resort! Feel free to check out my travel guide about where to stay, eat and run if you’re planning a visit.
I’m hoping the weather cooperates while we’re there so we can get in some runs, hiking and walk around to all the restaurants, bars and shops. Even if the weather isn’t perfect, being able to get away for a couple days and unwind will be nice.
I’ve been requesting this Chocolate Drizzled Strawberries and Almond Cream Pie since I was a kid. Between angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream and this pie they’ve pretty much covered the majority of my birthday desserts over the last 34 years.
I made this pie a few weeks ago and took it to my aunt and uncle’s house for Easter. I had a feeling they would all like it, we’re an almond extract loving family. It’s always nice to get outside opinions before I share it with you, so when my cousin shouted “this pie is dank!” after taking a bite, I knew I was good to go sharing it with all of you.
You can buy of make your own pie dough for the crust. If you make it I highly recommend this extra-flaky pie crust. The crust is fully baked in the oven and then cooled completely. Once cooled the heavenly almond cream goes in. It’s a combination of cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar, whipped cream and over course almond extract.
The pie is topped with fresh strawberries and drizzled all over with dark chocolate. You’ll want to let the pie refrigerate until the chocolate hardens like a shell, but it doesn’t take long. This Chocolate Drizzled Strawberries and Almond Cream Pie has never disappointed anyone and is worth every calorie! Enjoy!
More Strawberry Desserts
- 1 pie crust, refrigerated or homemade
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 cups strawberries
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a 9 inch pie plate, fully bake the pie crust according to box instructions if using a refrigerated crust or blind bake a homemade crust. See directions for blind baking a homemade crust here. Let the crust cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer, whip the whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and almond extract to the bowl of the stand mixer and beat until smooth. Slowly pour in the sugar beating until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Fold the whipped cream in with the cream cheese mixture and spoon the filling into the pie shell.
- Arrange the strawberries with the pointed side facing up over the filling. Melt the dark chocolate and stir in the coconut oil until combined. Drizzle over the top of the strawberries and refrigerate the pie until the chocolate hardens.
Baking times for the pie crust will vary depending on if you are using a refrigerated or homemade crust.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g