Green Chile Guacamole is the perfect way to add a little heat and smoky flavor to traditional guacamole. Serve with chips, on tacos or any of your favorite Mexican dishes!
Of course the day itself has nothing to do with margaritas and eating all the chip, salsa and this Green Chile Guacamole. However, if society give me an excuse to party with all my favorite foods, I’m in!
So far the weather looks like it will cooperate, although there is a chance for rain. Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen because we’re planning to do most of the eating and entertaining out on the deck.
We decided to upgrade our outdoor living area this year and bought new furniture and accessories. I’m so excited to spend the next 5 months lounging, eating al fresco and sipping cocktails outside during the beautiful Colorado summer.
Chips, salsa and guacamole are a must when you’re eating Mexican food, just like beer and margaritas are a must for drinking. I have plenty of salsa recipes on the blog, but no guac recipes. Of course I had to change that and make this highly addicting Green Chile Guacamole.
If you follow along on the blog, you know that I love creating recipes using green chiles. Just type it into the search function and you’ll see my slight addiction. I prefer to call it “love”. There’s something about these roasted peppers that adds so much flavor to just about anything.
This Green Chile Guacamole is a combination of creamy and chunky textures, the best of both worlds if you ask me. Along with green chiles you’ll also find cilantro (another “addiction” of mine), jalapeño, red onion, garlic powder, cumin and lime juice. Simple ingredients and bold flavor!
Not only is this guacamole good with chips, but it’s great on top of grilled chicken, steak and even salmon. We’re serving tacos at our Cinco de Mayo party and it will be wonderful as a topping on those as well. Here’s to stuffing ourselves with all the Mexican food we can this Saturday!
More Cinco de Mayo Appetizers
- 3 ripe avocados, pit and skin removed
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a medium sized bowl mash the avocados until your desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in the cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add in the green chiles, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Stir everything together until combined and taste for seasoning. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- The guacamole is best the day it is made. It will still be good for a couple days in the fridge, but may discolor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 317mg Fiber: 7g Sugar: 2g Protein: 3g