Can you believe it’s less than two weeks until Christmas!! I don’t know about you, but I still have so much to do. My shopping has barely even started, I still have a ton more cookies I want to make, and I have more Christmas movies to watch than days to watch them in. The one thing I have completed is the recipe for the perfect dip to serve and that dip is this incredibly addicting Skinny Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip.
Are you like me and starting in November you begin to think about the holidays and how you are going to be more organized and get things done early so that when the week of Christmas arrives you can sit back with your cup of hot chocolate, your favorite Christmas movie on, and finish wrapping the last few presents?
Yep, I tell myself this every year, and guess what? It never happens!!! I seriously can’t figure out why I can’t get it all done ahead of time. Instead I find myself out finishing last minute shopping, fighting crowds and traffic, and being downright miserable about the whole thing. Then the big day comes and don’t get me wrong it’s a wonderful day, but before you know it, it’s over. Then I sit there wondering why I stressed myself out so much and how I’m going to do it different next year.
Well I’m hear to tell you that I am going to try my absolute hardest to get everything done by the Sunday before Christmas so I can really embrace the holiday spirit this year! I dream about it every December and have yet to do it, so this is the year. Instead of sharing Instagram pictures of packed stores and parking lots you’re going to see pictures of baked cookies, my favorite Christmas movies, presents all wrapped under the tree, and hopefully some snow if I’m lucky!
Now back to what I have completed, this Skinny Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip. Holy cow you guys, you have got to make this! I’m pretty sure I could have eaten all of it by myself! You know what the great thing about this Mexican inspired dip is? It’s healthier than your average dip.
Instead of sour cream and full fat cream cheese, I replaced them with low fat cream cheese and plain Greek yogurt. While there is a fair amount of cheese in this dip, it’s still far less than what you’ll find in some. Serve this dip with your favorite tortilla chip, cracker, or even some veggies. If by some strange reason there are leftovers of the Skinny Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip, they just happen to make a terrific filling for enchiladas or burritos!
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, green chile powder if you have it
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and spray an 8 inch cast iron skillet or a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cream cheese, yogurt, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and spices. Fold in the shredded chicken and half of the cheeses.
- Pour the dip into the prepared dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it's hot and bubbly. Serve the dip with chips, crackers or vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 415mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g