Grilled Zucchini Corn Tomato Salad is a simple salad using all of summer’s finest produce. Grilling the vegetables adds a wonderful smoky flavor and the cilantro lime vinaigrette brings the whole salad together!
Happy Monday! I have a feeling after the short work week we had last week that this one will feel extra long. There’s something about summer, or nearly summer, that makes the work week drag on and on.
The warm, sunny weather makes me want to spend all day hiking and hearing kids playing outside without a care in the world, makes me miss summer vacation. If I have to be stuck inside working, I’m at least going to make all the summer recipes possible, starting with this Grilled Zucchini Corn Tomato Salad.
This Grilled Zucchini Corn Tomato Salad couldn’t get more summery if it tried! All of the vegetables in it are at their peak of flavor during the summer months, which makes it even more tasty and affordable to make.
Grilling vegetables during the summer is one of my favorite ways to eat them, aside from fresh picked from my vegetable garden. It has the same affect on them that roasting does, except for the wonderful charred, smoky flavor you get from the grill.
Grilling intensifies their flavor and often, especially in the case of corn, brings out their natural sweetness.
I’m not a huge fan of grilled tomatoes, so I kept those raw. Not to mention it saves you from having to skewer them or chase them all over grill grates.
The final step after the vegetables are grilled and chopped is to add in the delicious cilantro lime vinaigrette. The vinaigrette is super easy to make, just toss all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until they’re puréed. If you love cilantro like I do, you’ll be wanting to top all of your salads with this vinaigrette!
This salad would be excellent served as a side dish with any of these recipes:
More Grilled Salads
- 3 zucchini, ends removed and cut into 1/4 inch planks
- 4 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, deviened and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to approximately 425° F.
2. While the grill is heating, rub or brush the corn and zucchini planks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. When the grill is ready place the corn onto it. Grill for approximately 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned/charred. Turn them occasionally to get even browning.
4. During the last couple minutes of grilling the corn, add on the zucchini planks. Grill for approximately 1-2 minutes then flip over and grill the other side for another minute.
5. Remove the vegetables from the grill and let them cool for a minute. Dice the zucchini and add it to a large bowl. Cut the corn kernels off of the cobs and add them to the same bowl along with the halved cherry tomatoes and minced jalapeño.
6. Add all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and stir together until combined. Taste for seasoning. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g