I love meals that look like you spent a lot of time on them, but in fact they are super simple to make and only require minimal ingredients. This Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese is one of those meals!
Everybody loves soups, casseroles, and one pot meals this time of year because it’s freaking cold outside..I’m talking to you New England! However, as delicious as these one pot, one pan, stick it in the oven and forget about it meals are, they sometimes aren’t the most elegant plates of food to look at. For the most part I really don’t care if my meal looks like something out of a 4 star restaurant, but every once in a while I like to make something that really makes people’s mouth water when they sit down at the table.
Valentine’s Day or any time you are having a special dinner is the perfect time to put a show-stopping sexy plate of food on the table. It’s not too often the word sexy and chicken are used in the same sentence, but trust me, when you stuff that chicken with herbed goat cheese and roasted red peppers, then wrap it in slices of prosciutto, that boring chicken breast suddenly becomes the sexiest piece of meat to grace your plate. This conversation is getting a little weird, let’s move on!
Like I said in the beginning, this Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Goat Cheese is easy to make and you don’t need 10,000 ingredients to do it. To make the chicken start with two chicken breasts and season them with salt and pepper. Cut a small slit lengthwise through the breast so that you create a little pocket to stuff the filling in. Stuff the inside of the chicken with some herbed goat cheese and sliced roasted red peppers, then finish the chicken off by wrapping it in a couple slices of prosciutto. Place the wrapped chicken on a baking sheet seam side down and bake the chicken for about 40 minutes flipping it halfway through the cooking time so that the prosciutto gets crispy on both sides.
See! Nothing to it! And doesn’t it look lovely? The chicken turns out perfectly moist and when you cut it in half the creamy goat cheese and beautiful red peppers are revealed. This Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Goat Cheese is a far from boring chicken dish and one that you can feel confident knowing your guests will love and be totally impressed with!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons herbed goat cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-inch long slit into the thick side of each chicken breast.
- Work your fingers into the slit, and expand the slit to form a pocket in the chicken breast.
- Stuff each chicken breast pocket with a tablespoon of the goat cheese and half of the sliced roasted red bell peppers.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the outside of each chicken breast.
- Wrap each chicken breast in two slices of the prosciutto and lay the wrapped chicken seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes then flip it over so that the other side browns and bake for another 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.