This Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken with Zucchini and Tomatoes couldn’t be any easier to make! 4 ingredients and a sheet pan are all you need to make this simple and flavorful meal!
I finally made a sheet pan dinner and now I’m kicking myself for not trying it sooner. It was seriously so easy! Of course I’ve cooked parts of a meal on my sheet pans, but never the entire thing. It sure makes cleanup a breeze! For my first stab at it, I stuck with this incredibly simple, but very flavorful Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken with Zucchini and Tomatoes.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this dinner and a rimmed sheet pan, does it get any easier?! You can even line the sheet pan with foil and then you won’t have any dishes to wash. Have I sold you yet to give this recipe a try?
I think it took me a while to get on board with making an entire meal on a sheet pan because I was worried that I would end up with an under and over cooked mess of meat and vegetables. After looking at multiple recipes I discovered a couple tips.
One tip is to make sure everything is cut to approximately the same size. For this pesto chicken recipes I even cut the chicken into bite sized pieces because of how quickly zucchini and tomatoes roast in the oven.
Another tip is to either pair vegetables and meat that have approximately the same cooking time or to stagger when you put certain vegetables onto the sheet pan to cook. You don’t want to put sweet potatoes and zucchini on at the same time or you’ll have raw chunks of potato mixed with zucchini mush, no good!
I love that the pesto and the juices from the tomatoes and zucchini create their own sauce on the sheet pan as everything roasts. This sheet pan dinner tastes great on it’s own alongside a salad or it would be delicious on top of some pasta. I highly recommend giving a sheet pan dinner a try if you love effortless meals as much as I do!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Pesto Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
Easy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore
Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken with Zucchini and Tomatoes
This Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken with Zucchini and Tomatoes couldn't be any easier to make! 4 ingredients and a sheet pan are all you need to make this simple and flavorful meal!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-3/4 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Place the chunks of chicken in a large freezer bag and season with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of pesto. Seal the bag and massage everything together until coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. and either spray it with cooking oil or if you don't want to do dishes, line it with foil and spray the foil with cooking oil.
- Add the sliced zucchini and the tomatoes to the sheet pan and use your hands to toss together with the remaining 2 tablespoons of pesto. Add the chicken to the sheet pan and toss everything together then spread it out into a single layer. Roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss everything with a spatula, then place it back in the oven to finish cooking for approximately 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g
Leave a Reply