This Sheet Pan Spinach Tomato Ricotta Frittata is perfect for meal prep or feeding a group for breakfast. The savory Italian flavors are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Are you a breakfast person or do you just grab a cup of coffee on the way out the door and call it good? I’m definitely a breakfast person. Between early morning runs, weightlifting at the gym and going to a spin cycling class, I’m basically a bottomless pit of hungry in the morning. Skipping breakfast is not an option for me and it’s necessary to help my body recover after all of the physical activity and prevents me from being a hangry b*tch if you know what I mean.
In my opinion one of the best ways to combat hunger throughout day is to eat breakfast and by that I don’t mean a bowl of sugary cereal or a donut. Starting the morning with something sugary and sweet probably isn’t the best idea. Sure it’s fine every now and then, but have you ever noticed how much you continue to crave sugar throughout the day after doing that?
Having something savory and protein rich like this Sheet Pan Spinach Tomato Ricotta Frittata is a great way to start the day. Pair it with a slice of whole grain toast, oatmeal or a piece of fruit and you’ll be crushing your morning!
I’d never tried making a frittata in a sheet pan, but I think I’m converted. It’s super easy and you can cut the frittata into neat squares making them perfect for meal prep. This recipes makes 6 servings or 4 if you need a big breakfast like I do.
Frittatas are a great way to use up any leftover or about to go bad vegetables in the fridge. You could also add in any leftover cooked meat you have for extra protein. I went with spinach and tomatoes in this version and seasoned it with Italian seasoning. It’s a nice combination paired with the ricotta cheese and the parmesan sprinkled on top.
This Sheet Pan Spinach Tomato Ricotta Frittata is not only great for breakfast, but lunch or dinner as well. Enjoy!
More Frittata & Baked Egg Recipes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots or onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups baby spinach, approximately 3 big handfuls
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to tastes
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (salt-free)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. and place a rimmed quarter sheet pan in the oven while it's preheating.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the shallots and sauté for a minute, then add in the spinach. cherry tomatoes, granulated garlic and season with salt and pepper. Sauté another 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs, egg whites, Italian seasoning, milk and ricotta until combined.
- Remove the hot sheet pan from the oven and spray with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the sheet pan, then evenly disperse the spinach-tomato mixture on top. Top with shredded parmesan cheese if desired, then bake for 10-12 minutes or until the frittata is set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g