Whether you’re looking for a low carb dinner or a fun new way to serve chicken salad at your next party or brunch, you’ll love these healthy, creamy, Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad Stuffed Cucumbers!
It’s crazy that it’s already June. It hasn’t really started to feel summery around here until this week, but at least the snow appears to be done for a while. It’s now been replaced by lots of rainy afternoons and evenings, but as long as I get some sun during the day and I don’t have to run in the pouring rain in the morning then I’m okay with it. I’m also okay with this low carb and healthier version of this Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad Stuffed Cucumbers.
All of the schools around here started summer vacation last week and It’s been rather annoying to have teenagers popping up in all the places and at all the times when I was certain they wouldn’t be around because they were in school. Seeing them hanging out at the grocery store is my biggest pet peeve.
During the school year I at least know to avoid the store around lunch time and when school let’s out. Now I don’t know when the hell is a safe time to go. Why do they hang out at the grocery store anyways? Is it cool now to meet your friends there and cruise the chip and cookie aisle seeing how much crap you can carry only to find out at the self checkout that you don’t have enough money to pay for it all? Yes, I’ve witnessed this and there was plenty of eye rolling watching 5 of them huddled together trying to do the math.
Anyways, enough complaining about not having my quiet grocery store anymore. Let’s talk about these Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad Stuffed Cucumbers and how perfect they are for a light, low carb summer dinner, you’re next brunch or shower you’re hosting, or even a healthy appetizer at your next party.
I used leftover grilled chicken in the chicken salad, but whatever cooking method you prefer for your chicken will work. The dressing for the salad is mayo-free and uses Greek yogurt instead. The almonds and poppy seeds give it great crunch, while the honey adds a nice sweetness to go with the strawberries.
Instead of serving the chicken salad as a sandwich or on top of bread, I thought it would be fun to stuff it into English cucumber slices. Cut your cucumber slices about an inch to an inch and a half thick, then make a well in them using a teaspoon or melon baller. Fill it with the strawberry poppy seed chicken salad and you have an easy, healthy and delicious dinner or appetizer! Enjoy!
Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad Stuffed Cucumbers
- 2 cups cooked and diced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/3 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 English cucumbers
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt, honey, poppy seeds, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except the cucumbers, and stir everything together until it's coated in the dressing.
- Cut the cucumbers into approximately 1-1 1/2 inch thick slices then use a teaspoon or melon baller to scoop out some of the center. Be careful not to go all the way through the cucumber slice, just make a well for the chicken salad to sit in.
- Fill the cucumbers with the chicken salad and top with extra sliced almonds and chives. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 41mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
More Healthy Chicken Salad Ideas
Greek Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
Healthy Grilled Chicken Waldorf Salad
Tarragon Chicken Salad Wonton Cups
Leave a Reply