Three ingredients are all you need to make these Italian inspired Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce!
Happy Friday friends! Short work weeks are the best don’t you think? As you’re reading this I’m either out doing my long run for the week, boarding a plane to Portland, or I’m already in Portland eating all the delicious things at the Indulge Conference! I have to say that even though it was a short work week, it was a busy one trying to get everything ready so I could relax this entire weekend. Today I’m keeping things short and sweet, well actually savory, but you know what I mean. Today I’m giving you a seriously delicious recipe that only take 3 ingredients and ones you may already have in your house! Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce is what I’m serving up today and I am in love with everything about this dish!
If you’re new to cooking, have a busy schedule, or just appreciate simple delicious meals like I do, then you will love this. The recipe is so simple it’s one of those that I have a hard time actually calling a recipe. However, I’m a firm believer that it’s usually the simplest recipes with straightforward ingredients that often taste the best. Not to mention who doesn’t love making a dinner that comes together in 20 minutes!
On to the “recipe”! These Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce are simply, marinara sauce (this is my favorite recipe, but jarred sauce will work too) poured into two skillets or ramekins, parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top of the sauce, and two eggs cracked on top of each skillet and sprinkled with salt and pepper. The eggs are then placed in the oven and baked for 10-15 minutes or until the whites are set. I added a little bit of fresh parsley (fresh basil would be delicious too) to the top of my baked eggs because I love finishing a dish with fresh herbs, however it’s completely optional.
You can eat the baked eggs straight from the skillet, that’s what I did, or serve them with a crusty baguette for dipping. The baked eggs make a wonderful meatless, vegetarian dinner or if you like a savory meal for breakfast they are delicious way to spice up the usual scrambled egg and toast routine. If you’re in search of a fast, easy to make meal that uses minimal ingredients, then end your search here with these Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce!
More Easy Egg Recipes
- 1 cup marinara sauce, jarred or I use this recipe
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley (optional)
- Serve with toasted baguette slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Pour 1/2 a cup of the marinara sauce into two 6 inch cast iron skillets or two 10 ounce ramekins. Top the marinara sauce with 2 tablespoons each of parmesan cheese.
- Gently crack 2 eggs into each skillet. Top the eggs with salt and pepper then place them on the foil lined baking sheet. Bake the eggs in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the whites of the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley or basil if desired. Serve immediately with toasted baguette slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 383mgSodium: 1177mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 19g