This sheet pan pizza frittata is perfect for mornings when you’re craving pizza or nights when you want brinner! Full of sautéed peppers, mushrooms and onions and topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
Who’s a fan of pizza for breakfast? I’ve been known to eat a piece straight out of my fridge after I get back from running. Maybe I’ll heat it up, maybe I won’t. It really doesn’t matter because I just love pizza!
If you fall into the category of people who love pizza for breakfast then you’ll love this pizza frittata. It’s definitely more of a socially acceptable way to have pizza for breakfast, but honestly I could care less what society thinks is okay to eat for breakfast.
This frittata is also great for dinner. It’s a great way to do pizza and not have to deal with the crust. It’s also a nice option for any of my readers who follow a lower carb diet.
Ingredients for pizza frittata
- Italian seasoning and garlic powder
- yellow onion
- cremini mushrooms
- bell pepper
- marinara or pizza sauce
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
How to make sheet pan pizza frittata
If you’ve never tried making a frittata on a rimmed sheet pan, you’re missing out! It’s so easy and great for serving the whole family.
Start by spraying a quarter sheet pan with cooking spray and preheating your oven. In a large skillet add some olive oil and sauté the onion, pepper and mushrooms. Season them with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Once the vegetables are soft, dump them into the sheet pan and spread them out. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper and more Italian seasoning. Pour the eggs into the sheet pan and then place the pan in the oven to bake.
Bake the frittata until it’s nearly set and then remove it from the oven. Turn the oven on to broil. Spread the marinara sauce over the top of the frittata and top it with slices of pepperoni and fresh mozzarella. Broil for a couple more minutes or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle fresh chopped basil over the top.
Pepperoni – Pepperoni can be substituted with cooked Italian sausage, ham, bacon or chicken. To make the pizza frittata vegetarian simply omit the pepperoni or substitute with vegetarian “meat” crumbles.
Mushrooms – cremini mushrooms also called baby portobello mushrooms can be swapped with white button mushrooms. If you don’t like mushrooms try adding sautéed spinach, black olives or tomatoes.
Fresh Mozzarella – I love the gooeyness of fresh mozzarella, however it is a little pricier. For a substitution I recommend block mozzarella, fontina, or provolone.
Frequently asked questions
How to reheat a frittata
Frittatas can be eaten cold or you can reheat them in the microwave or oven. To reheat in the microwave, place the frittata in a microwave safe dish and cover it with a damp paper towel. Heat for 15-30 seconds or until warm. The key is to not overheat it or it will be rubbery.
To reheat it in the oven, set the oven to 350° F. Place the frittata in an oven safe dish and cover it with foil. Bake for about 20 minutes or until warm.
What can I use instead of a quarter sheet pan?
If you don’t have a quarter sheet pan, use a 9×13 baking dish or something of a similar size. You can also use a pie plate, however the baking time will likely be longer since it’s a smaller dish and the frittata will be thicker.
More Egg Recipes
- sheet pan spinach tomato ricotta frittata
- crustless sausage, kale and ricotta quiche
- sweet potato, bacon and egg breakfast casserole
- Mediterranean frittata
- zucchini and cheddar frittata
- asparagus, bacon and herbed goat cheese frittata
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh chopped basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F. and spray a quarter sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot add in the onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, remaining Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetable are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Dump the vegetable out onto the sheet pan and spread them into an even single layer. Pour the eggs over the vegetable and put the sheet pan in the oven. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until mostly set.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and switch the oven heat to broil. Spread the marinara or pizza sauce over the top of the frittata. Top with slices of pepperoni and fresh mozzarella cheese. Broil for another 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the frittata is set. Top with fresh chopped basil and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 343mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g