This BBQ Chicken Pizza is mouthwatering and one the whole family will love! Topped with barbecue sauce, smoked mozzarella, chicken, caramelized onions, corn and even fresh pineapple. You’ll love the sweet, savory, smoky flavors in every bite!
It’s been too long since I shared a new pizza recipe and we can’t have that! Seeing that today is pizza Friday it only makes sense that I share a new recipe for one of my favorite pizzas, BBQ Chicken Pizza!
I know there are probably a hundred BBQ chicken pizzas floating around on the internet, but this one, it takes the cake! Mmmmm cake…I mean, pizza, we’re talking about pizza. Sorry I got a little distracted.
I’ve been really cutting back on my sweets this week and starting the slow, sore, process of getting this body back into racing shape for the upcoming running season. You’d never know that prime running season was just a few months away with the way it’s been snowing here.
Thanks to all the snow and ice I was only able to get outside once this week for a run. Luckily, I’ve got my trusty treadmill parked in the basement to keep these legs moving even on the coldest and snowiest of days.
If you think about it though pizza and running kind of go together, because carbs! Carbs are definitely something my body craves when I’m doing hard workouts, and pizza is probably my favorite carb, next to cake of course!
Anyways, this BBQ Chicken Pizza is AMAZING! I mean who doesn’t like BBQ chicken? Crazy people, that’s who! There are so many things I love about this pizza.
I love that the sauce is barbecue sauce and that the slices of chicken are also coated in the sweet and smoky sauce. I used a store bought sauce, but this homemade bbq sauce looks delicious. I also love that the cheese on this pizza is a combination of both regular and smoked mozzarella. Smoked cheese and barbecue sauce were made for each other!
The final toppings on this BBQ Chicken Pizza are a healthy dose of caramelized onions because they taste so much better than raw onions. Corn, fresh pineapple chunks, and a sprinkling of cilantro round out the sweet and savory toppings. The sweetness of the pineapple, corn, and caramelized onions goes perfectly with the smoky cheese and barbecue sauce.
Self control is hard for me with this pizza and I’m pretty sure you’ll find yourself having the same problem as well. BUT it’s Pizza Friday and you worked hard all week, so go ahead and have another slice!
More Pizza Recipes
Pear, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza
A delicious BBQ chicken pizza topped with caramelized onions, corn, pineapple, and cilantro!
- 1 pound pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 5 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and spray generously with cooking spray or add a couple teaspoons of flavorless oil. When the skillet is hot add in the thinly sliced onions and add a pinch of salt. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the onions for about 8 minutes or until they have caramelized, then remove them from the heat.
- Roll or stretch the pizza dough out on to a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or a pizza stone. Measure out 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce and spread it out evenly on top of the pizza dough. Sprinkle both cheeses on top of the pizza dough.
- In a small bowl toss the sliced chicken together with the remaining 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce until the chicken is completely coated. Add the sliced chicken on top of the cheese. Evenly distribute the remaining toppings on top of the pizza except for the cilantro.
- Bake the pizza on the middle rack of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle on the cilantro. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
Bri | Bites of Bri says
Your pizza always looks amazing Danae! I love that you called your treadmill “DREADMILL” because I couldn’t agree more. There’s nothing like getting outside for a run. Luckily I was able to bundle up and get out there on Saturday. It was in the 20’s but the sun was out and I didn’t care! I made it just before an ice storm hit yesterday. Dreadmill it is for this week.
Thanks Bri! I’m glad to hear one of use was able to get outside for a run. I’m getting awfully sick of the dreadmill, I feel like I’ve been on it more this winter than I have been outside. I can’t wait for warmer weather to get here and to stay!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
You’ve definitely got me craving pizza right now.. this looks awesome!
Cyndi @ My Kitchen Craze says
How funny that I am making BBQ Chicken pizza for dinner tonight. So going to use your recipes instead of winging it. ;) Pinned.
Thanks Cyndi! I hope your pizza turned out delicious!
I really need to start celebrating Pizza Friday because this pizza looks so good for dinner today!
Nutmeg Nanny says
This pizza looks amazing! I love bbq chicken but on pizza it makes it even more amazing!
Thanks Brandy! BBQ chicken on pizza is the best! Have a great weekend!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Love all of the flavors on this pizza! Our next pizza night needs to include this pizza!
Thanks Jessica! Have a great weekend!