Berry Vanilla Cheesecake Parfaits are made up of layers of strawberries, blueberries and a lightened-up no bake vanilla cheesecake. They’re the perfect patriotic parfaits to serve this summer!
Okay, so I’m totally going to sound like an old lady here, but maybe I’m not alone…I’ll just keep telling myself that. Our neighborhood has decided that the 4th of July isn’t just to be celebrated on that day.
Oh no, around here 4th of July started last week and I’m pretty sure it will continue to be celebrated for another week after the big day. What do I mean by “celebrated”? Shooting off fireworks every night after 9:00 PM for at least 30-45 minutes!
Of course at that point my heart is racing and I lay there in bed for another 30 minutes trying to relax, but knowing all to well that amateur fireworks hour is just starting. It probably wouldn’t bother me so much if I wasn’t getting up at 5:00 in the morning to go running, but I am and therefore, I’m annoyed!
To make up for my old lady rant I made us some super easy, no bake Berry Vanilla Cheesecake Parfaits! If it’s as hot as it was yesterday you can be assured that I won’t be turning on my oven this weekend, which makes these no bake cheesecake parfaits the perfect dessert.
I love making no-bake desserts during the summer. No Bake Strawberry Pie Bites are always a good idea and I’m loving this Blueberry Lemon Icebox Cake. Then of course, is it really summer if you don’t make homemade ice cream at least once? I’ll take a couple scoops of this Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream!
The parfaits are layers of lightened up vanilla bean cheesecake and sweet summer strawberries and blueberries. I lightened the cheesecake up the way I always do, by using Greek yogurt, low-fat cream cheese, and less sugar to sweeten it.
I did use a little sugar to sweeten my strawberries, but if you find some extra sweet ones there’s no need to add the sugar. I love the presentation of these parfaits. The red, white, and blue layers are so festive and patriotic, and perfect for your 4th of July party!
More No Bake Berry Desserts
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with the whisk attachment, place the soft cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar, salt, and vanilla bean paste into the mixing bowl.
- Beat the mixture on medium high speed, scraping down the sides once or twice, until it is fluffy and smooth.
- In a small bowl combine the diced strawberries with the teaspoon of sugar and toss together until coated.
- Using 3-4 small glasses, layer the parfaits starting with a layer of blueberries, then the cheesecake, then a layer of strawberries, and finishing with a little more cheesecake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leave the cream cheese out on your counter for at least an hour to ensure it is soft, otherwise the cheesecake will be lumpy. You can also microwave it for about 10 seconds to soften it if you are in a hurry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 9g