A Bourbon Peach Slush is the perfect summer frozen cocktail! Bourbon and peaches are blended together to make a fun, easy and delicious boozy slush!
Looking for another peach cocktail? Try this peach rosé sangria!
This post has been updated since it was originally published on 8/31/2015
Why you’ll love it
Frozen cocktail – Frozen cocktails are so refreshing on a hot summer day. They’re perfect for sipping on the patio, in the pool, or wherever you’re enjoying a lazy summer day.
Sweet, but not too sweet – I’m not a big fan of overly sweet cocktails, which is why I love this bourbon cocktail so much. It’s sweet from the peaches and ginger beer and from there you can leave it as is or add additional sugar for sweetness.
Summer cocktail – Peaches always remind me of summer and what better way to use them than in a refreshing cocktail. I always stock up on fresh peaches before the season ends and freeze them following the steps below. This way I can have one of these slushes anytime I’m in the mood!
- Peaches – Use the ripest, sweetest peaches for the best flavor.
- Ginger beer – Ginger beer is sweet, carbonated, and non-alcoholic. I like to use the Fever Tree brand when I make these.
- Bourbon – Bourbon or whiskey can be used for this cocktail. Use a brand that you like to drink.
- Sugar – If you like a sweeter cocktail you may want to add a tablespoon or so of granulated sugar.
Best Way to Freeze Peaches
- Cut a small, shallow ‘x’ in the skin of the peach. Blanch the peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds. Immediately place them in ice water.
- Peel the skin off of the peaches, remove the pits and slice them.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the slices in a single layer on it.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and flash freeze them for a couple hours.
- Store the peaches in an airtight sealed freezer bag.
How to make a bourbon peach slush
Making the Bourbon Peach Slush is not only simple, but you only need five ingredients to whip up this delicious frozen cocktail.
To make this boozy slushy add the frozen peaches, bourbon, ginger beer, lime juice, and sugar into a regular or high speed bender. Blend everything together until it’s smooth and then pour it into glasses. Feeling fancy? Garnish with a fresh peach slice.
Bourbon peach slush FAQ
Yes. The ginger flavor won’t be as strong, but it can definitely be used as a replacement.
To turn this cocktail into a mocktail, simply omit the bourbon and replace it with additional ginger beer.
Despite the name, ginger beer does not have alcohol in it.
Use a bourbon that you enjoy drinking. A few of my favorites are Breckenridge Bourbon Whiskey, Old Foster, Laws, and Four Roses.
More cocktail recipes
- Strawberry Lime Vodka Smash
- Strawberry Watermelon Rosé Sangria
- Blackberry Gin Fizz
- Paloma Cocktail
- Spicy Watermelon Margarita
Did you make this bourbon peach slush? I’d love if you’d leave a recipe rating and review below.
- 3 cups frozen peaches
- 1 cup ginger beer or ginger ale
- 4-6 ounces of bourbon, depending on how strong you want your drinks
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar, more if you want it sweeter
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 1g