Spicy Watermelon Margaritas are the perfect cocktail to sip on a hot day! Simple, fresh ingredients with a kick of heat from the jalapeño slices. Enjoy them with your favorite tacos or chips and salsa!
I thought I’d squeeze in one more summer cocktail before it’s too late and everyone’s moved on to pumpkin and soup recipes. These Spicy Watermelon Margaritas are perfect for sipping on the patio on a hot day!
I made the mistake this year of buying two jalapeño plants. I currently have about 30 jalapeños and no clue how I’m going to use them all. I’ve used a couple to make salsa and another one wound up in this Summer Chickpea Salad. Of course a couple will be used in these margaritas, but a girl can only drink so many!
I will say, that these margaritas go down real easy. They’re not overly sweet like some of those that you get at a restaurant. They’re also incredibly east to make and you only need a few ingredients.
Ingredients Needed to Make Spicy Watermelon Margaritas
- Silver Tequila
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Sea salt and chili powder
How to Make Spicy Watermelon Margaritas
Cut up chunks of watermelon until you have approximately 4-5 cups of it. Put the watermelon in a blender and blend until it’s puréed. Pour the purée through a strainer into a glass measuring cup.
Add half of the watermelon juice, lime juice, tequila, 3 slices of jalapeño and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker. Depending on the size of your shaker, you may be able to make 2 margaritas in it. Pour the margaritas into chili powder and salt rimmed glasses filled with ice. Top the margaritas off with sparkling water and a couple slices of jalapeño and a slice of lime.
How to Make Margaritas Without A Cocktail Shaker
There’s no need to go out and buy a cocktail shaker if you don’t have one. Below are several ways to make then without one.
- Add everything to a large measuring glass and whisk together until combined.
- Add the ingredients to a mason jar, screw on the lid and shake. You can run it through a mesh strainer as you pour it into glass or just pour everything in as is.
- If you have a shaker that you use to make a protein drink add all of the ingredients for the margaritas into it and shake away. This is how my mom makes them whenever I come to visit.
If spicy isn’t your thing, simply omit the jalapeño. If you like extra spicy, add more jalapeño or you can pour out the desired amount of tequila the night before and add jalapeño slices to it so it’s infused with the heat and flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons silver tequila
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Jalapeño slices
- Sea salt and chili powder for the rim, jalapeño and lime slices for garnish
- Cut a watermelon into chunks until you have approximately 4-5 cups. Add the watermelon to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the purée through a mesh strainer into a measuring glass.
- In a shallow bowl or on a plate, combine sea salt and chili powder. Take a lime wedge and run it along the rim of the glasses then coat the rims in the chili salt.
- Add half of the watermelon juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, 3 tablespoons tequila, 2-4 jalapeño slices and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake until combined and cold. Add extra tequila, watermelon juice, or lime juice depending on your taste. Repeat this process for the second margarita.
- Pour the margarita into the prepared glass with ice. Top off with sparkling water if desired and 2-3 jalapeño slices. Garnish with a lime and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g