Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats are a great way to turn your favorite dip into a healthy and easy to make weeknight dinner! Top them with a quick homemade ranch dressing to balance the heat from the hot sauce.
I finally used what I suspect is the last of the zucchini from my garden the other week and made these Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats. They were delicious and very easy to make! Earlier in August I made these Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats, which use ground turkey, marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese in the filling. They really hit the spot when you’re craving Italian food, but not all the carbs.
These buffalo chicken zucchini boats will be a great dinner to make during fall football season this year. You’ll still get that creamy, cheesy, buffalo chicken fix, but with the addition of zucchini making it a wholesome dinner option.
Ingredients Needed to Make Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- shredded cooked chicken
- cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- buffalo sauce or hot sauce
- green onions
- garlic and onion powder, dried dill
- cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and use a spoon to hollow out the centers of each half leaving a small border all the way around them. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray it with cooking spray. Place the zucchini on the sheet pan cut side up.
In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, buffalo sauce, green onions, salt and pepper. Stir everything together until it’s combined and then stir in the shredded chicken. Divide the mixture evenly into the zucchini boats and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and top with the shredded cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes and serve.
While the zucchini boats are baking make the ranch dressing by whisking together Greek yogurt, milk (or water), garlic powder, onion powder and dried dill, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dollop the dressing on top of the finished zucchini boats.
Time Saving Tips
Even though this is an easy recipes, there are a couple ways to make it even easier.
- Use rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from a previous dinner. We always have either grilled chicken breasts or a rotisserie chicken in the fridge to add to meals throughout the week. It’s a great time saver!
- Make the ranch dressing ahead of time. The Greek yogurt ranch dressing can be made a day or two in advance. Be sure to give it a stir before serving if you go this route.
- Make the buffalo chicken filling ahead of time. You can make the filling a day or two ahead of time and then all you have to do the day you make them is prep the zucchini, fill them and bake.
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes