You’ll love the savory sweet flavor of these Chili Honey Lime Roasted Brussels Sprouts! Tender with crispy edges and Southwest flavor, they’ll be your new favorite way to roast brussels sprouts!
Roasted brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables. I constantly have to remind myself when I start eating them hot off the sheet pan that while delicious, they are essentially mini cabbages. Loaded with fiber and other things that can lead you to regret eating the whole sheet pan later on, if you know what I mean.
The amount of love that I have for brussels sprouts you can times by ten and that’s how much my husband hates them. I’ve tried serving them multiple ways to get him to eat them and I honestly thought these Chili Honey Lime Roasted Brussels Sprouts would do the trick, but I was wrong. The man just can’t get behind them. That’s okay though, it just means more for me!
Whether you love brussels sprouts like I do or aren’t their biggest fan, I urge you to give these Southwest, sweet and savory flavored ones a try.
The brussels sprouts are roasted like you would normally (salt, pepper and olive oil), but with the addition of chili powder. I often get questions about if the chili powder makes them spicy and that just depends on what you buy. The spice shop that I buy all my spices from has chili powders with varying levels of heat. I tend to buy the medium heat. However, in the past when I’ve purchased chili powder at the grocery store I’ve found them to be mild.
The final step to making these Chili Honey Lime Roasted Brussels Sprouts is of course the honey and lime. In a small bowl combine lime zest, juice and honey. Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds so it’s easy to whisk together.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a large bowl combine the brussels sprouts, olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss together to coat. Dump the brussels sprouts onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast for approximately 20 minutes or until the edges are crisp and brown. Halfway through the cooking time give them a toss to ensure that they brown and roast evenly.
- In a small bowl add the lime zest, juice and honey. Microwave for 10 seconds so the mixture can easily be whisked together.
- Return the roasted brussels sprouts to the large bowl and pour the honey lime mixture over them. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g