These Crispy Fish Taco Bowls with Rainbow Slaw are packed full of flavor and perfect for busy weeknights. Take your favorite whole grain and top it with crispy baked fish fillets and a crunchy cilantro honey lime flavored slaw. You’ll love these hearty taco bowls!
Thanks to Gorton’s Seafood for sponsoring this post. As always all opinions are my own.
It’s been way too long since I’ve shared a loaded bowl recipe with you, but I know for a fact you guys love them. One of the first bowl recipes I made was this Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Bowl and after two years it’s still one of my top recipes. Another favorite is this Caribbean Salmon Quinoa Bowl, you can’t beat the tropical flavors with the grilled salmon!
Today I made for you Crispy Fish Taco Bowls with Rainbow Slaw and you’ll definitely want to squeeze these into this week’s dinner plans!
Whenever I think about fish tacos I think about San Diego. It’s one of our favorite summer vacation spots and we’re all about eating as much of the fresh seafood and fish tacos as we possibly can when we go. I envy those of you that live next to the ocean and have easy access to fresh seafood, it’s the one downside to living in Colorado.
Thinking back to those fish tacos in San Diego, I’m not gonna lie when I tell you that I’m a sucker for that crisp crust. Fried and topped with a delicious slaw, throw in a margarita and I could eat them all day! Until we can make another trip back, we’ve been enjoying these crispy fish taco bowls at home. They’re super easy to throw together making them perfect for weeknights AND they have that crispy fish that I’ve been missing thanks to Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fish Fillets!
Gorton’s Seafood has been around for 167 years, so you know it’s a trusted company that put’s out quality products. Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fish Fillets are as they should be, 100% real fish and I appreciated that these fish fillets were wild caught as well. They bake up in the oven in just 25 minutes which is the perfect amount of time to make the rainbow slaw and cook some quinoa or rice.
The slaw is loaded with purple and green cabbage, red and yellow bell peppers, shredded carrots and a jalapeño for some spice. It’s coated in a super flavorful cilantro honey lime vinaigrette that pairs perfectly with the golden crispy fish.
I used quinoa for these taco bowls, but use whatever whole grain you like best. I highly recommend cooking your grains in broth as opposed to water to add more flavor and if you want even more flavor add in some cilantro leaves and finish it off with lime juice.
Make dinner easy, flavorful and filling this week and try out these Crispy Fish Taco Bowls with Rainbow Slaw! They’ll make you feel like you’re sitting outside on a warm California day eating your favorite tacos, even if you might still have some leftover winter snow on the ground. Enjoy!
Crispy Fish Taco Bowls with Rainbow Slaw
These Crispy Fish Taco Bowls with Rainbow Slaw are packed full of flavor and perfect for busy weeknights.
- Juice of a lime
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Several dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 of a head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
Crispy Fish Taco Bowls
- 8 Gorton's Seafood Crispy Battered Fish Fillets
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, brown rice, or grain of choice
- Cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
Crispy Fish Taco Bowls
- Preheat oven to 425° F. and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the frozen fish fillets on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven and flip over to the other side, then bake another 12 minutes.
- Prepare the rainbow slaw while the fish bakes.
- Fill 4 bowls with 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, rice, or grain of choice.
- Top with 2 of the baked fish fillets and some of the rainbow slaw.
- To make the vinaigrette, add all of the ingredients through kosher salt and black pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the cabbages, carrot, peppers and jalapeño.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss together until coated.
- Taste for seasoning, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 2g
Taylor Kiser says
This looks like a wonderful dinner! Love that rainbow slaw – the colors are so pretty! This dinner really is perfect for busy weeknights!
Jordan Anderson says
I’m loving all the color in that slaw! Takes eating the rainbow to a whole new level.
Shashi at Savory Spin says
What a fantastic looking bowl – so colorful – and tasty – I’ll take two please :)