Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal is an easy, cozy breakfast to make this winter and holiday season! It’s filled with warm spices, sweet apples, toasted pecans, and drizzled with a delicious cinnamon glaze.
Baked oatmeal is not only a great breakfast to make on the weekend when the whole family is around, but it’s something you can make on a weekday and reheat throughout the week.
This gingerbread baked oatmeal is full diced apples, orange zest, pecans and warm fragrant spices, such as cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. It’s perfect to serve Christmas morning alongside something savory, like this crustless vegetable quiche.
The gingerbread baked oatmeal is topped with a cinnamon glaze for that extra special holiday touch. If you’re making it for a weekday breakfast, skip the glaze and opt for topping it with maple syrup, almond butter, or plain Greek yogurt sweetened with maple syrup and cinnamon.
Ingredients For Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
- rolled oats
- ground cinnamon, ginger, and cloves
- milk of choice
- maple syrup
- orange zest
- vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- powdered sugar
How To Make Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
Making baked oatmeal is so easy! Start by combining the egg, milk, maple syrup, molasses, vanilla, and orange zest in a large bowl. To that, add the oats, spices, chopped pecans, and diced apple.
Stir everything together and pour it into a greased 8×8 baking pan. The next step is option, but nice for presentation. Thinly slice the remainder of the apple and arrange the slices on top of the oatmeal. Add some extra pecan halves and put it into your preheated oven.
The oatmeal will need 35-40 minutes to bake. You want it to be set and starting to pull away from the edges of the pan. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before topping it with the cinnamon glaze or cutting and serving.
While the oatmeal cools, add powdered sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and about a tablespoon of milk to a glass measuring cup. Whisk it together until it’s smooth and pourable. Pour or drizzle the glaze with a spoon of the baked oatmeal and then serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
The baked oatmeal can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 in the refrigerator.
I don’t advise using quick oats because they soak up too much of the liquid and leave you with dry results. Rolled oats give you the best texture and moisture.
Yes, but freeze it without the glaze drizzled on top. Let the baked oatmeal cool completely. If the pan you bake it in is freezer safe and has a lid, freeze it in that. Otherwise, cut the baked oatmeal into individual servings, wrap them in plastic wrap, and put them in a freezer bag or other airtight container. The oatmeal can be frozen for up to 3 months.
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes
- Cranberry Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Strawberry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Apple Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Maple Baked Oatmeal
Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups uncooked rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup diced apple, plus extra slices for putting on top
Cinnamon Glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon milk, more as needed
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and spray a 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg. Pour in the milk, maple syrup, molasses, orange zest, and vanilla. Add in the oats, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking powder, and salt and stir until combined. Stir in the diced apple and pecans.
- Pour the oat mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until set and pulling away from the edges of the pan. Let the baked oatmeal cool for 10 minutes before topping with the glaze and serving.
- While the oatmeal cools, whisk together the glaze ingredients in a glass measuring cup of bowl. Drizzle or pour the glaze over the top of the baked oatmeal.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a registered dietician for the most accurate nutritional information.
Leave a Reply