If you love Greek food and tacos you won’t be able to resist these Greek Chicken Tacos with Tzatziki and Hummus! Fresh, healthy and loaded with all your favorite Greek flavors!
I’m obsessed with today’s recipe you guys! It combines two of my favorite foods, Greek food and tacos. I don’t know why I didn’t come up with this mashup sooner, but now that I have I can’t quit making them. Greek Chicken Tacos with Tzatziki and Hummus need to be on your dinner menu this week!
For the past week and a half our house has been in full on demolition mode. It’s something we’ve been talking about and planning for years and we finally bit the bullet and are making it happen. The first step was removing a half wall dividing our dining area and family room. That was the easy part. Step two was the big one, removing all of the floor in the entire house and replacing it with something we actually like.
Our house is about 80% carpet, 15% hardwood and 5% tile. I’m beyond over the multiple flooring throughout the house and ready for something more cohesive, durable and all around more attractive and up to date looking. We’re a full week into the flooring demo and install and I’m ready to have my house back and so are our two cats.
I know it will be worth it when everything is finished, but man it’s a pain in the ass living and trying to work in a construction zone!
Cooking has been pretty pathetic the past week with all of the mess and having to move things from room to room as they work, so I’m excited to get back in the kitchen cooking and making new recipes. One of the first “real” meals I’ll be making again are these Greek chicken tacos.
The chicken for these tacos uses the same easy marinade that you’ll find in the recipe for my popular Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers. They also use the same tzatziki sauce recipe from it as well. Along with the chicken and tzatziki the tacos are also topped with a fresh cucumber tomato salsa situation and crumbles of feta cheese.
As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll spread hummus on the corn (or flour) tortillas before adding the filling and toppings. It’s sort of like the glue to hold it all in. If you love tacos and Greek food then these Greek Chicken Tacos with Tzatziki and Hummus will make you beyond happy! Enjoy!
More Taco Recipes
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips or cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber, English or Persian cucumbers are best
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Tomato Cucumber Topping
- 1/2 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 corn tortillas, flour tortillas if you prefer
- In a large bowl whisk together the ingredients for the chicken marinade then add in the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 30 minutes to an hour. Sauté or grill the chicken until cooked through.
- While the chicken is marinating make the tzatziki sauce. In a medium sized bowl whisk together all of the ingredients except the cucumber. Squeeze the excess liquid out of the shredded cucumber using paper towels or a clean dish towel. Stir the cucumber into the yogurt mixture, taste for seasoning and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add all of the ingredients for the tomato cucumber topping to a bowl. Stir together and taste for seasoning.
- To assemble the tacos, spread a thin layer of hummus onto the tortilla. Add in the chicken and top with tzatziki sauce, tomato cucumber topping and feta cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 599Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1283mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 45g