These Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce are loaded with fresh flavors! Chicken breasts are marinated in lemon juice, garlic and spices then grilled to perfection. Dip them in the creamy tzatziki sauce for a healthy, delicious and easy dinner!
Lately when I’m not eating frozen desserts you’ll find me eating everything grilled. I apologize if you’re tired of seeing recipes with the same two “cooking” methods, but it makes summer eating so much easier and more fun too.
Two reasons I’m grilling everything lately. It doesn’t heat up my house and there’s nothing better than grilled meat on a stick! I’m a total sucker for chicken skewers or kebabs.
What do you call them?
I always called them kebabs but now I’m kind of digging the skewer name. Anyways, these Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce were top notch and couldn’t be easier to make!
Greek/Mediterranean flavors are some of my favorites. I love the bright lemony flavor, the oregano, the garlic. The flavors aren’t overpowering and the food itself never leaves me feeling stuffed and like I need to go lay down and take a nap after I eat.
Greek salads are on the top of my list of favorites because feta and kalamata olives, hellooo! Second to that is chicken souvlaki, which is essentially what these Greek lemon chicken skewers are.
Chunks of chicken breast are marinated in lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, parsley, and a little bit of olive oil. Pretty simple, but boy does it transform the flavor of the chicken! I marinated my chicken for about 45 minutes, but you could let it go a little longer for extra flavor.
I wouldn’t recommend marinating them for more than a few hours because it seems to change the texture of the chicken. Since the chicken is cut into small pieces it grills up in no time meaning you get to eat it sooner!
If you haven’t you’ve been missing out and you are in for a treat! The sauce is really simple, but so delicious especially when you dip a piece of the delicious Greek lemon chicken in it.
Tzatziki sauce is a Greek yogurt based sauce flavored with lemon juice, garlic, and dill. Then for more fresh flavor and texture a diced up cucumber is added in. The sauce is thick, creamy, and downright addicting! I seriously think I could slather it on all my meals this summer.
These light, healthy, and super delicious chicken skewers are sure to make you a fan of outdoor cooking!
More Greek Recipes to Try:
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into approximately 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded English cucumber, you can also dice the cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic, 1 teaspoon if you like it extra garlicy
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers
- In a large bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients then add in the cubed chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 45 minutes to 3 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto metal or wooden skewers, be sure to soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes.
- Oil the grates of the grill or grill pan and place the skewers on them.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes then flip it over and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the ingredients except the cucumber and whisk together.
- Stir in the cucumber and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 40g