Grilled Fig, Goat Cheese and Pistachio Salad is a delicious and seasonal salad to make this summer! Sweet and slightly smoky grilled figs, tangy goat cheese, pistachios and a maple balsamic vinaigrette all top this flavorful salad.
It’s starting you guys. I’m seeing pumpkin recipes showing up on Pinterest and Facebook. I. Can’t. Handle. It! It is still July right? We didn’t magically skip a couple months and it’s suddenly fall? I don’t understand, please explain it to me if you do.
I know people start getting excited for fall when there’s been a long heat wave. I can relate. With the exception of this past Sunday, Denver has been hot and dry for several weeks. However, I love summer and am by no means ready to pull out my sweaters again.
Summer produce is peaking and all of my favorites are starting to show up in the stores and at our farmers’ markets. I mentioned on Monday that I finally found fresh figs at the store and couldn’t wait to use them in a couple new recipes.
On Monday it was Fig and Almond Butter Toast which makes an excelled breakfast or snack. Today I’m sharing the recipe for this Grilled Fig, Goat Cheese and Pistachio Salad. It’s sweet, savory, tangy from that goat cheese and a wonderful way to use seasonal fresh figs!
This was my first time grilling figs and it couldn’t have been easier. All you have to do is cut them in half, brush them with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper then grill them cut side down for about two minutes. The result is a caramelized, sweet, smoky delicious fig that pairs perfectly with the savory ingredients in this salad.
While the grilled figs are the star of the salad, the other ingredients are equally important in creating that perfect bite. Tangy crumble goat cheese, crunchy pistachios, the peppery flavor of the arugula and a sweet, tart maple balsamic vinaigrette round out this seasonal salad.
Grab a box of fresh figs and give this Grilled Fig, Goat Cheese and Pistachio Salad a try!
More Fig Recipes
Farro Salad with Figs and Peaches
Caramelized Fig and Ricotta Crostini
Grilled Fig, Goat Cheese and Pistachio Salad
- 5 ounces arugula
- 8 fresh figs, halved lengthwise
- Olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- Untitled Ingredient
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium high heat and oil the grill grates. Brush the cut side of the figs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the figs cut side down for approximately 2 minutes or until they have grill marks and soften slightly.
- In a large serving bowl add the arugula and top with crumbled goat cheese, the grilled figs and pistachios.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette and either pour over the salad just before serving or serve it on the side.
Alana R says
I have a fig tree in my backyard but struggle to find recipes that aren’t desserts. I loved this recipe. I will grill them again!!
Glad to hear you liked the fig salad Alana! I’m jealous that you have a fig tree, how wonderful!
Margaret Ann @ MAK and Her Cheese says
I can’t get enough grilled peaches but never thought to do it with figs. Definitely need to try! Goat cheese and maple are perfect pairings. :)
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite says
I want to make this!! I seem to always have a difficult time finding fresh figs though…