Irish Whiskey Coffee Milkshakes are the perfect adult treat for St. Patrick’s Day or anytime you want a boozy milkshake!
These Irish Whiskey Coffee Milkshakes were totally unplanned, but I had an ice cream craving and since St. Patrick’s Day is less than a week away I figured why not?
If you love whiskey, coffee, and ice cream, then I’m positive you’ll love these boozy coffee milkshakes!
Do you do anything fun for St. Patrick’s Day? We haven’t in a long time. I was more into it when I was a kid and would wear head to toe green and pinch anyone who wasn’t.
Of course the older I got the more I realized that green is NOT my color and now don’t own one piece of clothing in any shade of it. Payback time for anyone I pinched as a kid.
Aside from the ridiculous amount of green clothing and pinching, my other favorite memory was making those retro pistachio pudding cupcakes and topping them with a container of cream cheese frosting and half a bottle of green sprinkles. We made them every year and I probably ate at least 3 the second they were ready.
These days St. Patrick’s Day has become a debate about whether it’s worth it to go out and fight the crowded restaurants and clowns who think it’s a day to see how much beer you can drink. Neither of these are as appealing to me as they were when I was in college.
These days I’d rather just stay home or have a small gathering, make pizza since corned beef and cabbage isn’t high on my list of wants, and finish off the night with these Irish Coffee Milkshakes and maybe an extra shot of whiskey…Irish whiskey of course.
Ingredients For Irish Whiskey Coffee Milkshakes
- Vanilla or coffee ice cream
- Cold brew coffee or strong brewed coffee that’s been cooled
- Irish whiskey – such as Jameson’s Whiskey
- Irish cream – such as Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Milk – I recommend 2% or whole milk for a richer milkshake
- chocolate syrup – Optional, but it’s great for presentation and a must if you love chocolate.
- Whipped cream
How To Make Irish Whiskey Coffee Milkshakes
Making these milkshakes couldn’t be easier, the hardest part is controlling yourself and only having one. To a blender add coffee or vanilla ice cream, cold brew or strongly brewed coffee that is cooled, a splash of Irish cream, milk and of course whiskey.
The chocolate syrup drizzled on the inside of the glass and lining the rim is optional, but it’s great for presentation and who doesn’t love a little chocolate!
Pour the boozy milkshakes into the glasses or mason jars like I’ve done and top them with whipped cream.
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Corned Beef, Sweet Potato, and Kale Hash
- Turkey Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pistachio Green Tea Cupcakes with Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting
Did you make these Irish Whiskey Coffee Milkshakes? I’d love if you’d leave a recipe rating and review below.
- 2 cups coffee or vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, more if using vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons Irish cream, such as Baileys
- 4 ounces Irish whiskey or whiskey of choice, more or less depending on what you like
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Line the glasses with chocolate syrup and top with whipped cream if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g