Mango, Avocado, Chicken Lettuce Wraps will be your favorite, low-carb dinner to make this summer! Full of protein, healthy fats and a little sweetness from the mango. It’s perfect for lunch or an easy dinner.
Tell me I’m not the only one who over did it on the tacos, chips, salsa and margaritas this past weekend? I’m pretty sure I reached a new personal record for amount of chips and salsa eaten in one night. It did not make for a fun run the next morning.
Despite eating a ridiculous amount of food on Cinco de Mayo, it was such a fun night. We hosted a party at our house and the weather even cooperated and we were able to enjoy our new outdoor furniture.
I was a little worried earlier in the week because it was raining so much and even snowed a little. Luckily all the gross weather cleared out Thursday night and by Saturday we were back up in the 70’s, party perfection!
This was the largest party we’ve hosted and we somehow managed to pull it off without any problems and I didn’t stress myself out too much beforehand. Of course having a margarita before everyone showed up may have helped with the stress part.
To counteract all the carbs I consumed over the weekend, I’m cutting back on them (at least for today) and making these Mango, Avocado, Chicken Lettuce Wraps for dinner tonight. They’re full of protein, healthy fat, sweetness from the mango and dressed in a light chili lime vinaigrette.
Originally this was going to be more like a chicken salad, but I wasn’t really digging the idea of these flavors in a creamy dressing. A light citrusy vinaigrette seemed much more appropriate for a chicken filling that also used mango. Not to mention the avocado adds a nice creamy texture.
I served these Mango, Avocado, Chicken Lettuce Wraps in butter lettuce, which is my favorite to use when I make any kind of lettuce wrap. I know some people like romaine, but let’s all just steer clear of it until this E. Coli outbreak clears up.
To give the lettuce wraps some crunch I added chopped cashews to the top before serving. These wraps make a great lunch or easy dinner. Enjoy!
Mango, Avocado, Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 grilled organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1/2 of an avocado, peeled, pit removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- Butter lettuce for serving or lettuce of choice
Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder or regular chili powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- In a medium sized bowl gently stir together the chicken, mango, green onion, jalapeño, avocado and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the chili lime vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the chicken mixture and stir together until coated. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve in butter lettuce leaves or lettuce of choice, topped with the chopped cashews.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 99mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14gProtein: 33g
More Lettuce Wraps
Greek Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite says
The mango and avocado sound delicious together!