This Mexican Corn and Green Chile Dip will be a hit at your next party! Highly addictive and ready in 15 minutes or less!
Football season has officially started. I’m sure there’s plenty of you that are excited and plenty of you that wish it didn’t exist. I’m on team excited and hoping that the Broncos have a better season than they did last year. My husband said he was only going to play in one Fantasy Football league this season, but you know how that goes…he’s in two.
While I’m not as caught up in it as he is, I do like to watch a game or two on the weekends. I also of course enjoy all the game day food. I usually don’t go out of my way to make a whole spread every Saturday or Sunday, if I did I’d weigh 700 pounds.
I do however, like to grill (assuming it isn’t snowing) and have some kind of dip to snack on during the game. My favorite cold dip is this Mexican Corn and Green Chile Dip. Obviously, you had to know it was going to be something Mexican inspired and include green chiles. In my opinion, Mexican food just isn’t right if there aren’t green chiles in it.
There’s still a little bit of Hatch chile season left, so if you can find some roasted green chiles at the store or farmers’ market, snag those babies up! They’ll add way more flavor to the dip than the canned ones. I grabbed a bag of them at the farmers’ market a couple weeks ago and let’s all just agree that the smell of roasted chiles is intoxicating. It’s one of my favorite smells.
This Mexican Corn and Green Chile Dip is about as simple as it gets to make. Defrosted frozen corn (use fire roasted if possible), green chiles, green onion, cilantro, queso fresco and plenty of Mexican spices are combined together in a large bowl. Then the creamy dressing made up of Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and lime juice is added in.
Everything is stirred together and topped with more queso fresco, because why not? That’s all there is to it! Grab your tortilla chips, a cold beer or margarita and you’re all set to watch your favorite team. Enjoy!
More Dip Recipes
Cheesy Baked Jalapeño Black Bean Dip
Mexican Corn and Green Chile Dip
- 16 ounce bag frozen fire roasted corn, defrosted
- 1/2 cup diced roasted green chiles, fresh or canned
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the corn, green chiles, onions, cilantro, queso fresco and spices.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and lime juice. Pour over the corn mixture and stir together until combined. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. Top with extra queso fresco and serve with tortilla chips.
- The dip can be made a day in advance if needed.
- If you can't find fire roasted corn (I've bought it at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's) regular frozen corn can be used.
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite says
Love using Greek yogurt for healthier creamy dips! :)
Me too and I can never tell the difference if it’s replacing sour cream.