Sriracha almond crusted pork chops are perfectly crunchy with a little heat. Serve them with the sweet and spicy honey mustard sauce for a delicious weeknight meal!
Thanks to Blue Diamond Almonds for sponsoring this post.
Can you guys believe it’s already the last weekend in June? Wasn’t it just Memorial Day weekend and yet here we are less than a week away from the 4th of July! Time flies when your having fun I guess! Lately I’ve really been enjoying my Sundays. My husband and I are back to our Sunday bike rides and the weather couldn’t be more perfect for it.
One of our favorite rides is along a river that takes us right into downtown Denver. This year the river is extra high from all the rain we got in May. It’s made for some interesting detours because parts of the path have been flooded. I love the ride because for the most part it’s flat whereas my runs are a constant battle with hills. It’s a nice change of pace, not to mention good cross training.
A normal person would think that this bike ride would be plenty of exercise for the day and they are probably right. However, I have an obsession with getting my daily run in. So on top of my early morning run I’m then going on a late morning bike ride. To say this puts my metabolism in overdrive and makes me want to eat everything in the house for the rest of the day would be an understatement.
When dinner time finally rolls around I’m usually craving something high in protein which makes these Sriracha Almond Crusted Pork Chops with Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce an ideal meal for me. Earlier this month Blue Diamond Almonds sent me some of their new sriracha flavored almonds to try out. You guys, these almonds are super addicting! If you love spicy salty flavored nuts you’re gonna love them! Instead of eating the whole can for dinner and calling it good, I decided the better option was to grind them up and use them as a coating on some pork chops.
Normally I stick to fish or chicken for dinner, but every once in awhile I like to throw some pork in the mix and boy does my husband love when I do! We gobbled up these spicy almond crusted chops like it was our last meal.
As if the pork wasn’t good enough on it’s own, I made a sriracha honey mustard sauce to use as a dipping sauce. The sweet and spicy mustard was just what the pork chops needed. I guarantee I’ll be making these Sriracha Almond Crusted Pork Chops many more times in the near future!
Sriracha Almond Crusted Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2-3/4 inch thick with the fat trimmed off
- 1/2 cup sriracha almonds, crushed or finely chopped into small pieces
- 1 egg white
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. In a shallow dish whisk the egg white lightly to break it up. In another shallow dish pour in the ground up almonds.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides then dip them in the egg white until they are coated. Add the pork chops one at a time to the ground up almonds and turn them on all sides until they are coated in the almonds.
- Place the pork chops into the hot skillet and cook them for approximately 4-5 minutes per side depending on their thickness over medium hight heat.
- While the pork chops are cooking whisk together all of the ingredients for the spicy honey mustard in a small bowl.
- Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving with the spicy honey mustard.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 686mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 42g
More Recipes Using Sriracha