Strawberry Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats are easy to make, delicious and perfect for a make ahead healthy breakfast!
Thanks to my friends at Pacific Foods for sponsoring this post. As always all opinions are my own.
Valentine’s Day is on Friday and these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats will be perfect for a sweet, but healthy breakfast! Chocolate and strawberries are always a popular combination for Valentine’s Day. There’s vegan chocolate strawberry truffles, triple chocolate oatmeal cake topped with strawberries and don’t forget these Red Velvet Beet Cupcakes with Strawberry Coconut Whipped Cream!
Those are all great options for dessert, but if you’re wanting something that’s passable as breakfast or dessert, these overnight oats are the way to go.
What Do I Need to Make Overnight Oats
- Old fashioned oats, gluten free if needed
- Pacific Foods Organic Oat Original Plant-Based Beverage
- Greek yogurt or coconut milk/almond milk yogurt for a dairy free option
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips, dairy free if needed
If you’re new to making overnight oats, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy is to make them. Everything gets whisked together in one bowl and then refrigerated for at least three hours or overnight. The great thing about overnight oats is that you can make a single serving or enough to last for several breakfasts’ during the week.
How to Make Overnight Oats
To make these strawberry chocolate chip overnight oats, start by whisking together Pacific Foods Organic Oat Original, Greek yogurt (or dairy free yogurt), maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl.
This was my first time using Pacific Foods Organic Oat Original Plant-Based Beverage and now I’m hooked using it not only for my overnight oats, but all of my oatmeal recipes. Think about it. Doesn’t it make sense to use an oat beverage when you’re making oatmeal? Double the oat flavor is never a bad thing!
If you love the taste of oats then you’ll love the flavor of Organic Oat Original. It reminds me of when you drink the leftover milk from your cereal only oat flavored. It’s a great option if you need a dairy, soy and nut free beverage.
Since this is a sweeter tasting beverage and you’ll be adding sweet strawberries and chocolate chips to the overnight oats, you won’t need to add as much maple syrup. I used a tablespoon, but you can add more or less depending on your preferences.
Once you have the wet ingredients combined stir in the oats, chia seeds, chocolate chips and strawberries. If you want your strawberries to stay fresh and firm, wait to add them in just before eating the oats. I also found that freeze dried strawberries work well if fresh strawberries aren’t in season or the ones at the store aren’t looking so hot.
Do Overnight Oats Have to be Eaten Cold?
No. You can reheat them in the microwave until they’re warm. You may need to add an extra splash of the oat beverage unless you like them super thick and the consistency of pudding like I do. A bonus with this strawberry chocolate chip flavor, is that the chocolate chips melt when you reheat the oats and you’re left with chocolate oatmeal!
This recipe makes two servings, but you can easily double it so you have enough to get you through the work week. On top of being a convenient grab-and-go breakfast, they’re also a great afternoon snack or healthy dessert!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- 2/3 cup Pacific Foods Organic Oat Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or dairy free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, more or less depending on your tastes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips, dairy free if needed
- Extra strawberries and chocolate chips for topping the oats
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Stir in the oats, chia seeds, strawberries and chocolate chips until combined.
- Divide the mixture into two jars or bowls, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Top with the extra strawberries and chocolate chips if desired.
Leave a Reply