These Cranberry Vanilla Energy Bites are a healthy, gluten-free, vegan and paleo snack that helps curb your sugar cravings!
So did you all get your fill of turkey, mashed potatoes and pie? As always I ate way too much and all I have to say is thank God for stretchy pants! Now that Thanksgiving is over I’m sure many of you, including myself are starting to think about Christmas.
To help keep my sweet tooth in check yet still fell like I’m treating myself, I’ve been keeping a batch of these Cranberry Vanilla Energy Bites on hand.
Last year around this time I shared a recipe for Cinnamon Apple Energy Bites and you guys must have really liked them because they are still one of my top recipes.
I thought creating a new cranberry vanilla flavor would probably be beneficial for the upcoming month of all things sugar and spice and yeah it’s all nice until you step on the scale in January, am I right?!
Don’t think I won’t be sharing any holiday treats in the weeks to come, because I will, and yes I encourage you to try them all, just remember, moderation. I feel like I have to repeat that to myself on a daily basis as all the Christmas cookies and candies start rolling in.
So, these cranberry vanilla energy bites, I’m seriously crushing on them! They taste like cookie dough, but you won’t find any butter or refined sugars in these little bites.
The only ingredients they contain are cashews, almonds, dried cranberries, dates and vanilla. They are perfect for snacking, refueling after a workout (which we all need after all the cookies), or a healthier dessert option.
Making the energy bites does require a high speed blender or food processor and you will have to work the mixture a bit to get it to for into a ball, but it’s worth it!
If you find that the bites aren’t coming together in the blender add a tablespoon or two of water and continue to work the mixture off the sides and down into the bottom of the blender. You may find it’s easier once the mixture is fairly ground up to scoop it out and work it together with your hands. These little bites are a life saver this time of year!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or almond meal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened if you want them to be paleo)
- 1/2 cup chopped medjool dates, about 6-7 dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a high speed blender or food processor add the cashews and almonds and pulse until they are finely ground, careful not to turn them into nut butter.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend or pulse until everything starts to come together. Scrape down the sides several times and add up to 2 tablespoons of water. You may need to remove the mixture and place it into a bowl and mash it together with your hands or a spatula.
- Form into approximately 20 balls about 2 teaspoons each. Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g