A simple Greek marinade transforms the chicken into a flavorful, quick and easy, one skillet dinner! If you love Greek flavors then you’ll love this Greek Chicken and Vegetable Skillet with Olives and Feta!
Well, here I go again with another skillet dinner. I can’t help myself, they’re my absolute favorite kind of dinner to make! They’re easy, a great way to get protein and vegetables and it’s made all in one pan so I’m not left with a sink full of dishes to wash.
You may have noticed that along with all the Southwest and Mexican recipes, I have quite a few Greek and Mediterranean recipes. They’re probably my two favorite cuisines and I find myself making them at least once a week. I already have a Mexican inspired skillet dinner so it seemed only natural that I make a Greek inspired one as well.
This Greek Chicken and Vegetable Skillet with Olives and Feta has some serious Greek flavor happening in it. The chicken gets a quick marinade in a blend of spices including, oregano, parsley, paprika and dill.
For even more flavor I added fresh lemon juice, garlic and balsamic vinegar. While the chicken is soaking up all those flavors, you’ll be chopping up the vegetables.
To keep with the Greek theme I used tomatoes, zucchini, artichoke hearts, red bell pepper and red onion. Between prepping all the vegetables and heating up the skillet it took about 15 minutes, which was the perfect amount of time for the chicken to marinade.
The chicken is cooked first and then dumped out onto a plate while you cook the vegetables. Next into the skillet are the peppers and onions followed by the zucchini and tomatoes, which only need a couple minutes to cook.
The chicken goes back into the mix along with all the juices on the plate and the whole meal is finished off with the artichokes, kalamata olives, more lemon juice and of course feta cheese!
The way you serve this skillet dinner is up to you. We ate it as is, but serving it over Lemon-Dill Orzo Pilaf would also be delicious, especially if you need the carbs. Enjoy!
More Greek Inspired Recipes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 artichoke hearts, chopped (frozen or canned)
- 10 olives, halved
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium sized bowl add the seasoning for the Greek chicken and stir together until combined.
- Add in the cut up chicken and toss together until the chicken is completely coated in the mixture. Set aside.
- Cut up all of the vegetables then heat a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- Spray the skillet with cooking oil, then add in the chicken. Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes or until it's cooked through. Remove from the skillet onto a plate.
- Spray the skillet with more cooking oil then add in the onion and red bell pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add in the zucchini and tomatoes and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet along with the chopped artichoke hearts and kalamata olives. Stir everything until combined and warmed through.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the top and add in the feta cheese. Taste for seasoning then serve immediately.
- To get the full flavor of dried spices, rub them between the palms of your hands before combining.
- Since there are several salty ingredients in this meal, be careful not to over salt your chicken and always taste for seasoning before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 30g