If you think cauliflower is boring and flavorless, then you need to try this Parmesan Pesto Roasted Cauliflower! Perfectly caramelized and coated in pesto giving it a nutty, savory, herbaceous flavor you won’t be able to resist!
I thought it was about time I shared a new side dish recipe. They seem to be far an few between on my blog and I should really work on fixing that. This Parmesan Pesto Roasted Cauliflower seems like a good way to start adding to the often forgotten about side dishes.
Side dishes aren’t something I usually make, unless of course you consider salad a side dish. The only time I really seem to make them are for holidays or if we have company coming over. My husband and I eat pretty simple dinners during the week and to be honest, making a side dish isn’t on the top of my “want to do” list.
Since I eat cauliflower at least two nights a week, usually in the form of cauliflower rice, I decided to change things up and make this Parmesan Pesto Roasted Cauliflower instead.
I could have made my own pesto, but I was feeling lazy and wanted a side dish that was totally effortless. So I bought a jar along with my head of cauliflower and a chunk of parmesan cheese. Don’t try to use that powdered crap in the green can for this recipe, that is not what I consider parmesan cheese.
The cauliflower will take you between 5-10 minutes to prep and 20-25 minutes to roast, it seriously couldn’t be any easier. All you need to do is cut the cauliflower into florets and toss it in a bowl with the pesto, a little kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Dump it out onto a baking sheet sprayed or brushed with oil and pop it in the oven to roast. Even my non-cooking husband can handle making this side dish.
During the last couple minutes of roasting sprinkle on the shredded parmesan cheese, then continue roasting it until the cheese is melted. If you think you don’t like cauliflower, give this parmesan pesto roasted version a try. Between the roasting, pesto and salty cheese it completely transforms the flavor and is sure to be a hit!
More Easy Side Dishes
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F. and spray or brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- Toss the cauliflower, pesto, salt and pepper together in a large bowl until completely coated. Dump the cauliflower out onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Roast cauliflower for 15 minutes then remove from the oven, stir the cauliflower then place it back into the oven to roast for another 10-15 minutes.
- 2-3 minutes before the cauliflower is finished roasting, remove from the oven, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese, then place back in the oven until the cheese melts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g