Light, refreshing and perfect for those summer peaches! This Peach Green Tea Vodka Spritzer is sure to become your favorite summer sipping cocktail!
I went back and forth about ten times trying to decide if I should share the recipe for this Peach Green Tea Vodka Spritzer or an incredible ice cream recipe I made a couple weeks ago. Cocktails or ice cream, both are a win in my book. Since it’s Friday and it’s been a long week, the cocktails won. So, cheers to a great happy hour this weekend!
I’ve had this recipe planned in my head all summer, but I had to wait until I could get my hands on those tasty Pallisade peaches. I’ve basically been putting them in anything and everything I can, and you better believe I’ll be stocking up before the season is over and freezing them. People everywhere seem to be dismissing that August is still summer. They’ve moved on to pumpkins and I just can’t handle it.
We were at the grocery store last weekend and a display of ornamental pumpkins and baskets of mums were front and center. Seriously? Why? It’s been in the 90’s this week, I’m still wearing shorts and tank tops! Let’s just put on the fall brakes and let summer have it’s final month because you know come November we’ll all be whining about how cold it is. I’m not ready to transition back into my pitch black, cold morning runs. It’s bad enough the sun is starting to come up later, but I just can’t even think about the cold yet.
So while half the country is all pumpkin crazed I’m going to keep sharing recipes using all the peaches, zucchini and everything summer for as long as I can. If you’re looking for a light and refreshing cocktail this Peach Green Tea Vodka Spritzer is about as light as it gets. It’s got green tea, honey and fresh peaches in it, it’s practically a health drink! It puts those overly sweet, calorie bomb Long Island Iced Teas to shame! Which by the way have no tea in them. You could probably have 3 of these for the same amount of calories and sugar that you would get in one of those. I wouldn’t recommend it though because if you’re a lightweight like me you might find yourself regretting it in the morning. Hold strong to summer my friends and just say no to pumpkins for another month and YES to peach green tea vodka spritzers! Happy Friday!
Peach Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 peach, diced
Peach Green Tea Vodka Spritzer
- 1 cup brewed green tea, cold
- 2 peeled and chopped peach slices, plus extra for garnish
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce peach honey simple syrup
- Sparkling water
Peach Honey Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, honey, and diced peach to a boil.
- Boil for a minute then turn off the heat and mash the peach with the back of a fork or a potato masher.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and let the syrup steep for 20-25 minutes.
- When the syrup is ready, pour into a jar or container over a fine mesh strainer to strain out peaches.
- Let the syrup cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
Peach Green Tea Vodka Spitzer
- Place the chopped peach slices in the bottom of a glass and muddle them to release the juices.
- Add your desired amount of ice to the glass.
- Pour in the green tea, vodka and peach honey simple syrup and stir together.
- Top off the drink with sparkling water.
This is not a sweet cocktail. If you like your drink sweeter add more of the peach honey simple syrup. Keep in mind the calorie count of the drink will change.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Carbohydrates: 7gProtein: 1g