Freeze dried peaches give these Peach Pie Energy Bites an extra peachy flavor! A healthy, gluten-free, vegan, protein filled snack for peach lovers!
You had to assume this one was coming. You know how much I love peaches and it is the height of peach season, so of course I have to peachify everything. I’ve been planning to make these Peach Pie Energy Bites for you for nearly a month, but there was a problem. Dried peaches apparently don’t exist in Highlands Ranch or it’s surrounding areas. I looked at multiple stores and of course there are dried apricots, but no peaches. I’m not sure what makes a dried apricot more appealing than a dried peach, obviously you know which one has my vote.
I looked online and saw that you could buy them there, but I thought how many people are going to want to do that? Heck, I didn’t even want to! Fresh peaches weren’t going to work, you’d end up with a soggy energy bite. So, on to plan B, freeze dried peaches. I found a bag at Whole Foods and I’m pretty sure Trader Joe’s sells them as well. This was my first time using freeze dried fruit in an energy bite, and it actually worked really well.
I started by pulverizing the peaches in the blender until they were a powder. I set aside a little bit of the powder so I could roll the energy bites in them when they were finished for extra peach flavor. The rest of the ingredients are ones you expect to find in my energy bite recipes. Almonds, oats, almond butter, maple syrup and cinnamon, because we’re making Peach Pie Energy Bites after all.
It takes a little work getting the mixture to come together, but once it does it’s a piece of cake to form them into balls. As I mentioned before, if you save some of the peach powder you can roll the energy bites in it for an extra kick of peach flavor. These bites are perfect for a pre or post workout snack, a great way to cure your afternoon munchies, or a healthier option than actually eating a slice of peach pie. So, save the pie for the weekend and grab a couple of these Peach Pie Energy Bites instead!
Peach Pie Energy Bites
- 1 1/4 cups freeze dried peaches
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 3 if you want them sweeter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 tablespoons water
- In a blender or food processor, grind the freeze dried peaches until they turn to powder or almost powder.
- Reserve a small amount of the peach powder if you plan to roll the finished energy bites in them.
- To the remaining peach powder add the almonds and pulse or blend until finely ground.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except the water.
- Blend everything until it starts to come together, scraping down the sides and adding water for more moisture as needed.
- When you have a sticky dough, scoop out 2 teaspoons worth and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- With damp hands roll the energy bites into balls and then roll in the reserved peach powder if you choose to do that step.
- I like to store my energy bites in the freezer in an airtight container, but you can also store them in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
More Energy Bites
Cranberry Vanilla Energy Bites
Could these be made with dehydrated peaches instead of freeze-dried?
Absolutely Molly. I just couldn’t find any at the grocery store near me, but if you can go for it!
I love it! Is there a way to replace dried peaches with peach instant oatmeal? And if so, what would the recipe look like?
Hi Trish. I haven’t tried making them that way. It seems like it might work. If you do try it I’d love to hear your results!
This looks absolutely amazing! I love peach and in energy bites? GIMMEEE!!!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
I love these treats! I pinned this so I can make them asap! I need to find these freeze dried peaches!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
This is one energy bite that cannot be missed!
Nicole Taggart says
yum! love peaches!!!
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
Perfect use for all these fresh peaches from the farmer’s market!!
Tamara knudson says
how do you make this recipe,energy bites, with FRESH PEACHES??? i could not find freeze-dried peaches anywhere, not even at our local trader joes. (And it is the peak of peach season here- 20 cents per pound!)
Hi Tamara. I found my freeze dried peaches at Whole Foods, so you might try there first. If you have Sprouts in your area they may carry them as well.
Holly Waterfall says
Peach season is my absolute favorite, but I love that you can make these any time of the year!
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel says
These are seriously the cutest things ever! I can’t wait to try them. I’m positive my kids would enjoy them just as much as I will!