Yay it’s Friday! Was it just me or did the week feel super long since we’ve all been vacationing so much over the past couple weeks? Tonight I plan on doing nothing except kicking back on the couch eating a couple of these Pork Tenderloin Tacos with Pico de Gallo and watching a movie, I know, I lead an exciting life.
Normally I just make shredded chicken tacos, but every once in a while I’ve gotta throw some pork into the mix to keep things exciting. The last time I shared a taco recipe with you it was for these Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos with Apple Salsa, man were those good! This time however, I simply wanted to make a spicy rub for my tenderloins and roast them in the oven. The great thing about pork tenderloin is that it doesn’t take very long to roast, only about 25 minutes.
The rub for the pork is a combination of chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic, oregano, and cinnamon. Yep there’s cinnamon in this rub and it’s fantastic! Once the pork is roasted it’s important to let it rest for about 10 minutes. This will ensure that all those amazing juices stay in the meat instead of running out all over the cutting board.
While the pork is resting you can whip up this easy and delicious pico de gallo! I’m pretty sure when it comes to tacos salsa is the main ingredient on mine. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t get enough of that delicious fresh salsa on top. To be honest I usually end up eating half the salsa before it even makes it to the taco!
This pico de gallo is so simple to make. Simply chop up some cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and jalepeño. Squeeze in some lime juice and season it with chili powder, cumin, and some salt. It’s seriously that easy to make and it tastes amazing! After the pico is made and the pork has rested, it’s time to assemble the tacos. I used corn tortillas to make mine, but if you prefer flour tortillas they will work just fine. I filled the tacos with slice pork tenderloin then topped them with the pico de gallo and some salty cotija cheese. If you can’t find cotija, feta, cheddar, or monterey jack will all work too. Even with minimal ingredients these Pork Tenderloin Tacos with Pico de Gallo are packing some amazing flavor. So sit back tonight and be thankful the weekend is here and have yourself some delicious tacos!
Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- 2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins, fat trimmed and silverskin removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon corriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Corn or flour tortillas for serving
- Cotija, feta, cheddar, or monterey jack cheese for topping the tacos
Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 of a jalepeno, deseeded and finely diced
- Juice of a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
To Make the Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Trim the excess fat and the silverskin off of the pork tenderloins and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices and whisk together.
- Pour half of the spice mixture onto each pork tenderloin and rub it evenly into the meat.
- Place the pork into the oven and roast it for 25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing it.
- Place the sliced pork, pico de gallo, and cheese into the tortillas and serve immediately.
To Make the Pico de Gallo
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and place them in a large bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and toss everything together.
- Serve on top of the pork tenderloin tacos.