Warm oatmeal swirled with fresh raspberries and the most delicious cheesecake filling, making you feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
Happy Friday everyone! It’s an extra happy Friday for me because I am currently in Austin visiting my sister and having a blast! It’s been far too long since my last visit. If you haven’t visited Austin add it to your list. They have have such an amazing food and music scene, plenty of places for running and hiking, BBQ that will blow your mind, breakfast tacos..oh the breakfast tacos I can’t get enough, and so much more! I’ll be sure to share more of the details with you when I get back. Until then I’ve made you a delicious bowl of Raspberry Cheesecake Oatmeal that you are going to want to make for breakfast tomorrow!
I’m a little sad that berry season has almost come to an end. I’ll miss their beautiful colors and that mouthful of sweet berry juice you get with every bite. That’s not to say that I’m not excited to start unleashing pumpkin and apple recipes galore on you, but berries hold a special place in my heart and stomach.
The raspberries at our grocery store were on sale last week for just over $1.00 a box, so of course I had to stock up. I froze half of them, then about a million recipes ran through my head on what to do with the rest. Since fall is approaching I thought you guys might like a nice warm oatmeal recipe. If you freeze your fresh raspberries now you can make this raspberry cheesecake oatmeal all winter!
I cooked the oatmeal on the stove in a mixture of half almond milk and half water. If you are in a hurry the microwave works just as well, just make sure you cook it in a big enough bowl so it doesn’t boil over and leave you with a huge mess. Once the oatmeal was cooked I added in maple syrup and vanilla extract then gently mixed in some mashed raspberries.
The final part is the cheesecake filling which is a combination of low fat cream cheese, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. The cheesecake gets swirled into the oatmeal with a little extra left over for drizzling on top. Finish off the oatmeal with a few more fresh raspberries and you have yourself a healthy and filling dessert inspired breakfast!
Raspberry Cheesecake Oatmeal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 1/2 cups water, or milk of choice for a creamier oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon low fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberries, plus extra for topping the oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- In a small bowl mash the raspberries and maple syrup together with a fork and let them sit while the oatmeal is cooking.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the cheesecake until smooth and combined.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring the milk or water to a boil.
- Add in the oats and salt and lower the heat to medium low.
- Simmer the oats uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the oats from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Let the oats sits for another couple minutes until they have absorbed the remaining liquid.
- Pour the oatmeal into two bowls and gently mix in the mashed raspberries and cheesecake filling.
- Top with any remaining cheesecake filling and more fresh raspberries if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 378mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 10gSugar: 20gProtein: 17g
Pooja S says
Loved such breakfast..so yummy..
Thank you! :-)
Jessica @NaschkatzeRuns says
Yummy! I’m also very much looking forward to autumn flavours but I will try to eat as many berries as possible before they’re out of season!
Let’s keep the berries going as long as possible Jessica! ;-)
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Whoa, this looks amazing! I’d love to start my morning with this oatmeal!
Thanks Jessica! It makes my morning pretty amazing when I start with a bowl of it!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
What an awesome breakfast!
This is genius Danae!!! I could definitely see myself even enjoying this as a bedtime snack! Have I already asked what camera and lens you use? GORGEOUS!
Thanks Beth! It makes a great before bed treat! I use a canon camera and 50mm lens.
I am not usually an oatmeal fan, but this may just change my mind! This sounds delicious!
This dessert oatmeal is definitely a game changer Marye!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says
I want to start my morning with a bowl of this oatmeal! I can never have enough raspberries and I love the cheesecake flavor!
Thanks Ashley! You would love a bowl of this oatmeal!