This creamy Mediterranean Whipped Feta Dip is perfect for your next party! Top it with cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and kalamata olives for a fresh and healthy dip everyone will love.
Thanks to Blue Diamond Nut Thins for sponsoring this post. As always all opinion are my own.
It’s hard to believe Memorial Day is only a week away. This weekend always feels like the start to summer. Kids are out of school, warm weather is finally here (well almost here), and grilling/barbecue season has officially arrived. I love this time of year because it feels so much more laid back and relaxed. Everyone wants to come out from their caves that they’ve been hibernating in all winter and soak up all the warm summer sun!
We all feel a little more social in the summer and it’s the perfect time to get together with family, friends, and neighbors for barbecues. Barbecues are of course all about the grilled meat, but I love the pre-meal appetizers just as much. Today I’m sharing a great Mediterranean Whipped Feta Dip that is perfect for sharing at your first summer barbecue!
I’ve been hearing about whipped feta for quite a while now and I finally decided it was my turn to try it. I decided that I would turn my whipped feta into more of a dip and add all sorts of delicious Mediterranean flavors like kalamata olives, cucumber, tomatoes, oregano, and lemon juice. To give it more of a dip consistency rather than a thicker spread I added plain Greek yogurt. Not only does the yogurt thin it out some, but it also adds a heck of a lot of protein!
This Mediterranean loaded dip is perfect served on Blue Diamond’s Almond Nut Thins. The crackers are thin and crisp and hold up well when you load on the dip. No breaking and leaving half your cracker behind in the dip. Who else hates when that happens?! On top of being a sturdy cracker, they also taste great! They are lightly salted and there are no competing flavors to get in the way of all that Mediterranean feta deliciousness. Not only is this Mediterranean Whipped Feta Dip gluten free, but the Nut Thins are as well, meaning you don’t have to worry when serving this tasty summer appetizer to your gluten free guests! Start your summer grilling season off with a bang and add this delicious dip to your menu!
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup diced kalamata olives
- Extra crumbled feta for topping
- 1 box Almond Blue Diamond Nut Thins for serving
- In a blender or food processor add the 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend the ingredients until smooth then pour into serving bowl.
- Top the dip with the diced tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, extra crumbled feta and sprinkle with oregano. Chill the dip in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with Almond Blue Diamond Nut Thins.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 578mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g