Remember the time I made Skinny Chocolate Cheesecake Dip? It’s been a while, but I clearly remember eating half the bowl of that creamy dessert dip. Well, I decided it was time to make another version of this lightened up cheesecake dip. This time I’m getting in the mood for spring with this Skinny Lemon Cheesecake Dip!
I’ve been craving spring, and berries, and lemons, and sunshine, and flowers like CRAZY this past week. I’ve been holed up in the house almost the entire week because there is so much snow and ice around here. Almost every afternoon after about two hours of sunshine, the clouds start moving in from the mountains and down comes the snow.
It was nice the first couple of days, but now I’m getting a little sick of it. I want to go out for an afternoon hike on the trails, be able to drive my car out of the neighborhood without sliding all over the place, and wear something other than my sweatshirt, coat, and snow boots. Yes, spring is definitely calling my name and it can’t get here soon enough!
Since I couldn’t get outside and enjoy any sun or warm weather last week, I decided to whip up this fun spring inspired cheesecake dip to drown my winter blues in. With spring on the way…hopefully, that means the baggy sweatshirts and jackets will be put away and replaced with sundresses, shorts, and tank tops.
That means it’s time to start shedding a few of those winter pounds we put on to keep us warm during the snowmagedon…I mean we do want those cute outfits we wore last year to still fit, right? Just because warmer weather is coming and more skin will be showing doesn’t mean we have to give up all our desserts. We just need to cut back on them and lighten them up, which is exactly what I did with this Skinny Lemon Cheesecake Dip!
This sweet lemony dip is lightened up by using low fat cream cheese and plain non fat Greek yogurt. The combination of the two together not only makes for a much lower fat cheesecake dip than if you were to use all cream cheese, but it makes it super creamy!
There is plenty of fresh lemon juice and zest in the dip to give it that tart lemony flavor and a modest amount of powdered sugar for sweetness. If you’re stuck in a snowmagedon like I am, make this Skinny Lemon Cheesecake Dip to help brighten up your day!
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, graham crackers for serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese and yogurt until creamy and completely combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and beat again until thoroughly combined and creamy, about 3 minutes. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or graham crackers for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
More Cheesecake Recipes