I think I’ve armed you with enough side dishes and desserts to feed 10,000 Thanksgiving guests. So now that you have all the deliciousness you could possibly need in your arsenal, let’s move on to what do with all those leftovers! Actually it’s really quite simple, make this Turkey and Cranberry BBQ Sauce Pizza.
When it comes to Thanksgiving leftovers, I have a love hate relationship with them. I love a good turkey sandwich the next day, but please don’t serve me a Thanksgiving dinner repeat the following night. Honestly I’m probably still going to be recovering from the food coma and the last thing I want to see is another plate with every square inch covered in turkey, potatoes, green beans, stuffing, and gravy. I prefer to take all of these leftovers and create something new, which is exactly what I’ve done with this pizza.
This Turkey and Cranberry BBQ Sauce Pizza is just what your post Thanksgiving pizza Friday needs! Not only do you need it because after a day of insane Black Friday shopping all you are going to want to do is come home to an easy to make dinner, but also because you can use up some of that leftover turkey and cranberry sauce.
The pizza itself is actually quite simple and uses minimal ingredients, but it is totally rocking the BBQ and Thanksgiving flavors. The sauce for the pizza is simply a combination of leftover cranberry sauce and a couple tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce. Stir it together, then use half of it for the pizza sauce and the other half to toss the diced turkey in. For the cheese I chose to use Monterey Jack, but other great choices are mozzarella, fontina, or even smoked gouda. The final ingredients for this Turkey and Cranberry BBQ Sauce Pizza are some thinly sliced red onion and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro on top after the pizza has baked.
The flavor of this pizza is “out of bounds” as Guy Fieri would say. The sauce is both sweet and smokey, it’s cheesy, meaty, and the cilantro and red onion add the perfect amount of topping flavor! Let’s keep with the pizza Friday tradition and use up some of the tasty Thanksgiving leftovers this year and make this Turkey and Cranberry BBQ Sauce Pizza!
More Pizza Recipes
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded or diced cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (mozzarella, smoked gouda or fontina are great alternatives)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450° F. and spray a baking sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray. Roll out the pizza dough on the pizza stone or baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the cranberry sauce and Barbecue sauce. Spread half of the sauce onto the pizza and add the turkey to the other half, stirring until the turkey is coated.
- Top the pizza with the cheese, turkey, and sliced red onion. Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the chopped cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 13g